X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 3000 power washer has no spark

Hey like the title says my washer has no spark was using it other day, then went to use it today and wouldnt start checked for spark and nothing, any sugestions

Re: Rigid 3000 power washer has no spark

Replace the spark plug.

Comment

theres no spark getting to the plug, plug is fine

Comment

most engines have an oil sensor. if the level is too low, they ground out the spark/ coil. if it's a bad sensor, no spark.

verify proper oil level and then disconnect the wire to the sensor. see if that works.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I just checked the oil not too sure but when machine is standing upright and i take oil cap off oil comes out, had to tip machine over to test oil should i have to do that to check the oil????

Comment

typical small engines are filled to within 1/4'' of the filler thread. some have a little dip stick on the filler plug and that's the level you go with.

just as too low of oil level can cause damage, so can too high.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Hey rick thanks for the advice. I just noticed 2 dip sticks on the machine one on each end are they for the same thing?? i just bought this and dont know too much about it. Thanks steve

Comment

many engine have dual oil fills/ dipsticks. remember that these engines can be bolted to equipment that makes getting to 1 side impossible. therefore they design them with dual access for universal applications.

by rights, a level machine should read the same on both sticks.

adjust your oil level and recheck for spark. also verify that the ignition switch is on and not partially on.

a bad coil, switch, oil sensor, plug wire. any of them would cause your symptoms.

i would remove the plug from the head and make it easy to pull start. then hold the plug wire close to a ground bolt on the head. try it with a plug and without a plug. but with the plug removed, you won't flood the engine and your arm will thank me

dr.deere is the resident engine / pressure washer man. he's looking over my shoulder waiting his turn

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Over where the engine switch is you'll see some wires. One of them is orange and has a bullet connector. The orange wire is for the low oil shutdown. Unplug the connector and try it. Got spark now? Then your oil level float switch is bad. It's under the flywheel and is held into the engine block with two 6mm Phillips screws.

Still no spark? Bad ignition coil, most likely.

BUT... if the unit is less than three years old, it should be covered under warranty (unless you're using it for what TTI considers commercial use). If it's under warranty, DO NOT TINKER WITH IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO VOID THE WARRANTY.
                  "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    ... he's looking over my shoulder waiting his turn.
                    Well some of us work during the day.
                    Unlike you poo herders who do one job a week and goof off the rest of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                      Well some of us work during the day.
                      Unlike you poo herders who do one job a week and goof off the rest of the time.
                      i was pretty close in my assessment

learning from the pro. and studying via night classes on the forum

5:28pm is early for me during the week.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        5:28pm is early for me during the week.
                        I forgot about that three hour difference...
                        Hell, it's about bedtime for me. Alarm goes off at 4am right-coast time (that's 1am for you left-coasties).
                        One more Corona and it's time to inspect the eyelids from the inside.

Comment

Working...
                        X