X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 front rail alignment

I've never denied being an idiot, so this may just be another case of that, but I'm confused.. I bought a used 3660 off craigslist about a month ago. family "stuff" prevented me from assembling it until a couple nights ago (I had to take it apart to fit in the car). I have the legs/herculift on, and the extensions bolted on. I have the front rail on loosely - just slid on the square head bolts. The manual says to align the 7 1/8" marking with the edge of the table. When I do that, the ruler doesn't line up AT ALL with where I think it should be. Shouldn't the zero be aligned with the blade? When I set it according to the manual, the zero on the front rail ruler is around 6 inches off center.

What am I missing?

Re: TS3660 front rail alignment

It will all come clear when you put the rip fence on. The fence has an indicator line that you line up with the rail ruler.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

The alignment window on the RH side of the fence is the one you'll be using when making cuts on the right side of the blade. As DSurette said, it will become clear when you put the fence on and align the windor with the rule on the fence. There are also instructions in the manual that describes how you can fine tune the line in both of the alignment windows for cutting on both sides of the blade.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

so what you're saying is, I am an idiot? fair enough...

thanks for the responses!

Comment

Originally posted by jerkylips View Post
          so what you're saying is, I am an idiot? .....
          Not at all, we're just saying that you haven't yet finished assembling your saw. Now, hurry up with that process and start making some sawdust.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

FINALLY!

I bought this saw about 3 months ago. 2 months ago I posted that I had a question because I was finally putting it together. Well, this weekend I finally finished it! Every time I'd walk past it in the garage, I'd die a little inside.. I'm about 1/2 way through my first project with it - just some shelving for the garage - but I'm happy to report that I haven't lost any fingers yet...

Comment

have a great time with your 3660. it's a terrific piece of equipment that, properly cared for, should last a long, long time. if you're new to woodworking, you might want to get a TS book, maybe something by jim tolpin, to get your technique down right. you don't want experience a harmful kickback, like one of the guys over at saw mil creek did...almost took off his forehead. and check out the many threads here on the 3650/60. there are loads of good ideas that will help make your saw even more enjoyable.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
              X