RIDGID Rotary hammer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Rotary hammer?

How many of you out there would like to see RIDGID make a drilling hammer like the bosch bull dog? I really like RIDGID tools and was looking into buying a hammer drill with the chipping mode and thought that it was to bad that RIDGID doesnt make one. Then i thought mabe if i write on the blog enough that they would put out a new drill. Any input or suggestions welcome.

+1, in need to buy one and wanted to get a Ridgid brand.

Comment

Been bugging, begging and bitching for one for years! Lol

I have the BBH-12 from AEG, love it, been thinking about buying a BBH-18 as well, but the exchange rates hurt!

Comment

I have the mack daddy of all rotary hammers: the corded Makita 2'' AVT in SDS Max. It's manly. Also own two Bosch SDS+ (different sizes but larger than Bulldog), and within last 2-years or so added cordless M18 Fuel 1-1/8'' and M12 5/8''. The Makita and M12 are 2-mode: chip and rotary hammer. Others are 3-mode: chip, drill and rotary hammer. Love'em all and each has purpose.

Yes, it's shocking Ridgid specializes in great corded tools but nothing in this rotary hammer space. Ryobi sort of had a Bulldog at one time or another.

http://www.amazon.com/Ryobi-ZRSDS60K.../dp/B002U5749S

WELL, guys this is why I did what I had to do: buy other brands of corded tools. It's not mutiny. Rather nothing hits harder and better than going to competitors...especially when you have no choice. This is why I buy any OEM's (best) corded tool(s) but stay committed now to Milwaukee M12/18 because I am committed.

I'm not sure what Ridgid's strategy is here, but dabbling doesn't cut it. Difference here is I'm not waiting; I did something about it...plain and simple. If Milwaukee wants to do something like this, yep, I'll got to Makita, Ridgid...whoever. No tears....

Here's latest version of 2'' Makita.

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-HR5212C...t_sims?ie=UTF8
        Last edited by Colorado Contractor; 12-27-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Why would Ridgid compete against Hilti? Ridgid could compete price-wise but not in quality.

Comment

• Colorado Contractor
            Editing a comment
            My 70lb Makita electric demo hammer isn't as good as Hilti's, but it didn't cost $3k+ either. Of course nothing beats a $35k demo hammer on a $400k excavator either! All relative....
        Working...
        X