No announcement yet.

RIDGID Rotary hammer?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Rotary hammer?

How many of you out there would like to see RIDGID make a drilling hammer like the bosch bull dog? I really like RIDGID tools and was looking into buying a hammer drill with the chipping mode and thought that it was to bad that RIDGID doesnt make one. Then i thought mabe if i write on the blog enough that they would put out a new drill. Any input or suggestions welcome.

+1, in need to buy one and wanted to get a Ridgid brand.

Been bugging, begging and bitching for one for years! Lol

I have the BBH-12 from AEG, love it, been thinking about buying a BBH-18 as well, but the exchange rates hurt!

I have the mack daddy of all rotary hammers: the corded Makita 2'' AVT in SDS Max. It's manly. Also own two Bosch SDS+ (different sizes but larger than Bulldog), and within last 2-years or so added cordless M18 Fuel 1-1/8'' and M12 5/8''. The Makita and M12 are 2-mode: chip and rotary hammer. Others are 3-mode: chip, drill and rotary hammer. Love'em all and each has purpose.

Yes, it's shocking Ridgid specializes in great corded tools but nothing in this rotary hammer space. Ryobi sort of had a Bulldog at one time or another.

WELL, guys this is why I did what I had to do: buy other brands of corded tools. It's not mutiny. Rather nothing hits harder and better than going to competitors...especially when you have no choice. This is why I buy any OEM's (best) corded tool(s) but stay committed now to Milwaukee M12/18 because I am committed.

I'm not sure what Ridgid's strategy is here, but dabbling doesn't cut it. Difference here is I'm not waiting; I did something about it...plain and simple. If Milwaukee wants to do something like this, yep, I'll got to Makita, Ridgid...whoever. No tears....

Here's latest version of 2'' Makita.
        Last edited by Colorado Contractor; 12-27-2015, 05:43 PM.

Why would Ridgid compete against Hilti? Ridgid could compete price-wise but not in quality.

• Colorado Contractor
            Editing a comment
            My 70lb Makita electric demo hammer isn't as good as Hilti's, but it didn't cost $3k+ either. Of course nothing beats a $35k demo hammer on a $400k excavator either! All relative....