X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 volt battery not LSA eligable

Hi, I just bought a new battery for $99.00 but when I registered the item it received only a 3 year warrantee. Can you still buy Ridgid batteries and get the LSA. Maybe a kit? Thanks

Re: 18 volt battery not LSA eligable

Only batteries that are eligible for the LSA are those that come with a tool. Individual batteries only get the 3yr.

Comment

OK, thanks. If you buy the tool can you get the larger 3.0 batteries or just the small compact ones. Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rob_brothersinc View Post
        OK, thanks. If you buy the tool can you get the larger 3.0 batteries or just the small compact ones. Rob
        Only the battery that comes with the tool is eligible for the LSA. You cannot upgrade the battery from the 1.5 to the 3.0 and have it eligible.

I just questioned them about this when I got the Impact Driver. It only came with the one battery and I wanted another for back up. I was told that the second battery was considered an accessory and was not eligible for the LSA. Now I know why the Ridgid Impact Driver was about $70.00 cheaper than the Dewalt. Dewalt includes two batteries and when all said and done, I eventually paid the same as the Dewalt getting the back up battery.

Ron

Comment

I got duped into the same situation, however I realized that the impact I bought only came with one battery, BUT it charges in 20 minutes the box says. Score! I thought to myself. Shoulda bought the Makita I was eyeballing, never had a problem with the ones my boss had.

I have not tried this, but I would hit up ebay and find a battery with the same date code as the one you own. You only get to warranty it once before you are stuck with a battery that will eventually fall flat on its face, but at least you have a spare till one dies. *HINT* You can take the guts out of one battery case and put into another, but that's dishonest as well, we don't want to promote dishonesty here right?
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Given the frequency of sales on open box etc at HD personally I think it's cheaper to buy a tool with batteries and sell the loose stuff you don't need on kijiji instead of just buying a new battery.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
              I got duped into the same situation, however I realized that the impact I bought only came with one battery, BUT it charges in 20 minutes the box says. Score! I thought to myself. Shoulda bought the Makita I was eyeballing, never had a problem with the ones my boss had.

I have not tried this, but I would hit up ebay and find a battery with the same date code as the one you own. You only get to warranty it once before you are stuck with a battery that will eventually fall flat on its face, but at least you have a spare till one dies. *HINT* You can take the guts out of one battery case and put into another, but that's dishonest as well, we don't want to promote dishonesty here right?
              i thimk if you take it apart i think they will know and to give you any thing for it
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
              X