X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery replacement

My three defective 12v batteries from 08-09 were replaced with new hyper lithium ion ones today. I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully new innards solve the issues.

Re: battery replacement

Were these a LLSA replacement
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Were these a LLSA replacement
      yes an lsa replacement. I wonder if they will do the same for 18 volt?

Comment

I have had bad 18v batteries replaced with new ones under the year warranty. New ones to my door in about 2 months.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I am able to go into my local service center and leave with a brand new replacement. That's about half of the reason I stick with Ridgid.

Comment

Originally posted by A.T. View Post
            I am able to go into my local service center and leave with a brand new replacement. That's about half of the reason I stick with Ridgid.
            You are one of the lucky ones. Most service centers choose to not pay out of pocket to stock batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
              I have had bad 18v batteries replaced with new ones under the year warranty. New ones to my door in about 2 months.
              my service center delivers, picks up and within 2 days.

Comment

I'm lucky enough to have multiple service centers to choose from. I've gone to two of them. The first one was a small business, and the service was terrible.
                The second one I tried is where I will go from now on. That's where I got a brand new battery when I went in with my dead one. They are a big corporation (unfortunately), but the quality is awesome. I'd rather support the small business, but when the service sucks, what can you do...

Comment

Originally posted by A.T. View Post
                  I'd rather support the small business, but when the service sucks, what can you do...
                  Tell them so and watch their business go under

Comment

i bought like three years a go in home depot store a drill (BD081935331) in a home depot store and the batteries are not working now, I don't have the ticket and a didn't register this tool, what do I have to do to change these batteries?

Comment

No receipt and they are not registered. That sucks.

Seriously though without the receipt how do you expect to verify the age of the tool or the fact you purchased it new and not from ebay or a second hand store where the batteries were not working when you got them? Please don't get me wrong, you may be the most honest person in the world but with out the receipt or registration how do you expect Ridgid to separate your claim from countless others who have tried to warranty an out of date tool or a second hand purchase?

Why didn't you register the tool? Can you go back to where you purchased it and see if they have a copy of the receipt?

Comment

Originally posted by Ponysales View Post
                        i bought like three years a go in home depot store a drill (BD081935331) in a home depot store and the batteries are not working now, I don't have the ticket and a didn't register this tool, what do I have to do to change these batteries?
                        you cant. Learn from this and take the correct steps next time.

Comment

The date on the batteries will dictate whether or not you can get them covered under the 3 year warranty. Right now a 0830 and up (or so) is still eligible to be replaced, just take it to the service center with one of the tools and get em traded out. Otherwise you are S.O.L. Sorry, Out of Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                            The date on the batteries will dictate whether or not you can get them covered under the 3 year warranty. Right now a 0830 and up (or so) is still eligible to be replaced, just take it to the service center with one of the tools and get em traded out. Otherwise you are S.O.L. Sorry, Out of Luck.
                            Great advice

Comment

Working...
                            X