Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD8000 general question..

Hello,
    This is my second Ridgid RD8000 in 4 days! The first one was a floor model that I received a small discount for being a returned item. The unit started fine but there was no output on the 240 volt outlet? I returned the RD8000 to Home Depot and today I got a brand new generator.

After assembly and fuel / oil added the engine starts for 15 seconds and turns off? After 12 tries and double checking the manual reviewing anything within eyesight I tried to call Ridgid tech support but they were closed for the day....

I am beginning to wonder about the quality and longevity of Ridgid generator products? Any comments or opinions? Thanks in advance..

Re: RD8000 general question..

Dang...Sometimes well, my error. When I filled the engine case I left out about 3 or 4 ounces of oil to check the level later and forgot! The generator went into protection mode...So be it. The unit purrs like a well feed kitten.

Comment

glad you got it figured out
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Just brought a rd8000 or 8011 any way my ? is can you run these on lp gas?

Comment

Yes, if:
          If you can find someone that supplies a LP conversion for the Robin/Subaru engine.
          You don't mind kissing your warranty goodbye.
          And you're ok with the significant loss of amperage due to the loss of engine horsepower.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I converted mine to natural gas via the uscarb.com. Very simple set-up and no loss ..sure beats getting the gas can out and less chance of contaminate build up..

Comment

Working...
            X