Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
12in sliding comp Miter saw MS1290LZA - Blade Frozen/Motor Buzzing Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12in sliding comp Miter saw MS1290LZA - Blade Frozen/Motor Buzzing

New saw only a few cuts. Was making a bevel cut in 1x6 cedar. Blade started slowing down and noise from motor. Stopped, unplugged, took blade off, checked belt and spindle lock - All OK.
    Tried again, blade completely frozen and motor making a loud buzzing sound. The saw is virtually brand new, clean as a whistle.
    Any suggestions before I transport this beast somewhere for repairs.
    Cheers

Re: 12in sliding comp Miter saw MS1290LZA - Blade Frozen/Motor Buzzing

If the blade is not turning and the motor is just humming in a no load situation I would return it for a different one. Why mess around trying to fix it! You didn't buy it to fix it did you? If the saw had some uaage then that's a different deal but a brand new saw shouldn't act like that.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Forgot to mention that this is a rigid saw.
      Cheers

Comment

If it is truly new as you stated, that is, less than three months old, take it back and exchange it under the 90 day warranty.

Comment

I agree with Ireops. Get it back to Home Depot and get it exchanged.

I have had one for some time and it is a good saw. However, even a good product can result in a dud off the assembly line once in a while.

Incidentally, if one looks at the Ridgid R4510 jobsite saw they might notice that the plastic motor housing underneath looks JUST like the housing in the MS1290 miter saw. Maybe they use the same motor.

Howard Ferstler

Comment

Thanks for the advise.
            Called Home Depot - They said bring it back and they will give me a new one.
            Excellent

Comment

Working...
            X