Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like the R888 18V Hand Planer is available again!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like the R888 18V Hand Planer is available again!

I have been quietly searching for one of these on Ebay, but did not want one bad enough to really jump on it, plus no LSA. Here it is again on HDs website as a bare tool, $50 and free shipping.

Max Select Hand Planer-R888 at The Home Depot
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Re: Looks like the R888 18V Hand Planer is available again!

i thought ridgid abandoned the max select line of tools? i have one as a complete kit (blow molded case, battery and charger). the few times i've used it, it performed admirably.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Master, I do the same, that is how I got my last 3 pc kit last year, just popped up on HDs website for 199. I should have bought 2 of them just for the batteries. I remember the 24v mini site had 3 blank tool spots sayin more tools coming... I wonder what they were? There is a 24v AEG rotary hammer over seas. I've talked too 3 tti reps in the stores, they all said HD killed the 24v line. HD has control of the Ridgid power tool line, we need a huge customer campaign to hound them to bring back the maxselect line, they honestly are my favorite tools. I even modified my cordless collated screw gun to accept the 24v batteries. Probably will burn out faster, but who cares, I paid 20 bucks for it. Works great though. I have been tempted to try and buy the AEG rotary drill and have it shipped here.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
        I have been tempted to try and buy the AEG rotary drill and have it shipped here.
        It probably will cost you more for the shipping than the tool itself! I have been tempted to do some epoxy work and make an adapter so I can use my ridgid batteries in other tools. I.e. take a dead Makita slide pack and graft it to the base of a dead 18V ridgid drill or something of that nature. I have tons of 18V Ridgid batteries, but not much in the way tools as we all know. Look at Makita's lineup, they have just about everything you can imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
          It probably will cost you more for the shipping than the tool itself! I have been tempted to do some epoxy work and make an adapter so I can use my ridgid batteries in other tools. I.e. take a dead Makita slide pack and graft it to the base of a dead 18V ridgid drill or something of that nature. I have tons of 18V Ridgid batteries, but not much in the way tools as we all know. Look at Makita's lineup, they have just about everything you can imagine.
          To funny, I picked up a +one ryobi battery the other day with the same idea in mind. I have 4 Ridgid flashlights I never use so I was going to get creative matching the slide on base from them and the ryobi battery top... I'll keep you updated...

Comment

We can't get this tool in Canada

Comment

Its out of stock now! Just when I had extra money to throw their way too.

Comment

Anyone know where we can ge tone of these at? I can ONLY find it on ebay

Comment

eBay or Craigslist, or at ridgid's recon website (I've never seen this one there)

Comment

They were available last week on Home Depots website... almost bought another, as they are only a few more bucks than a full blade kit.

Comment

Mine is not the MaxSelect model, but I did pick up the 18v cordless hand planer 4 or 5 years ago (?). It came with the hand planer, battery, charger, extra blade set, and case (I personally prefer the plastic case over the "contractor bag"). I got it new and on clearance for $69. Battery still good and tool works great. Never had to make more passes than the battery can handle.
                      You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

Does this planer accept the new 18volt hyper lithium batteries? And if so how do the new high capacity compare to the old ones and the 24 volt lithiums....Thanks for any information.

Comment

Yes, the 18v batteries will work. It just doesn't spin the blades as fast as the 24v batteries.

Comment

Yes, the 18v batteries will work. It just doesn't spin the blades as fast as the 24v batteries.
                            Will the Ryobi batteries work in these things, or stall out??
                            They were available last week on Home Depots website... almost bought another, as they are only a few more bucks than a full blade kit.
                            BOOO! It said it was available today, I clicked on it to buy, checkout, its no longer available!!

Anybody reading this they have one to sell? When they come up on craigslist or ebay for a good price, either I am too busy, or it gets snapped up the minute I call (after no activity for a week)

Comment

Are the ones that Home depot has online from time to time new production?....was able to get order in on one before became not available...how is it that these are available for a short period of time and then not available if are not currently in production? Also it says this stand alone is available for LSA...I am assuming that this is correct on all new stand alone tools? Thanks for any info.

Comment

Working...
                              X