Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warranty question - has anyone ever gotten warranty from these guys?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty question - has anyone ever gotten warranty from these guys?

I bought a combo about a year and a half ago because I was so impressed by my Dad's new combo drill set. I got the 18v LIPo drill and impact combo and it has done me extremely well so far, at least until I had a battery go bad. Now they claim that I don't get the lifetime warranty that I registered for because they didn't receive my receipt within 90 days and since I sent in the receipt I can't show proof of purchase to get the 3 year warranty- yet my stuff shows on their site as registered including everything including the serial numbers and expiry of the warranty (the 3 year - jerks!). Are these guys rip-off artists or do I just have the extreme bad luck to get the customer support people that are PMSing?

I really like Ridgid tools- my DeWalt sat in the corner when my Dad brought his NiCD Ridgid drill over to build my garage. It did the whole job, never killing a battery before the other pack was fully charged and the fit and finish is quality. But I shelled out $300 to get this set for that lifetime warranty, and I do not like getting screwed- especially since I did everything they said to do to get the lifetime warranty!

Has anyone had a similar experience, or advice on how to fix this? As it stands, I cannot get a replacement battery for my year old drill....

Re: Warranty question - has anyone ever gotten warranty from these guys?

One, cool down, being pissed off helps no one.

Two, yes, I have had batteries replaced without issue. Even forgot to register mine, but provided the correct documentation and was taken care of.

Three, again, attitude, it will get you ZERO results from customer service reps. Call Ridgid and explain the issue and they will help you out if you keep your cool. I'll tell you this, being a former customer service rep, rude, belligerent callers got the least help, its the equivalent of telling them to f-off because obviously you can't. Patient, understanding callers got damn near anything with in my power, just saying.

Four, who told you that you had no warranty, Ridgid or the repair center you brought the battery too?

Comment

Ok, obviously email is not the way to go. I called Ridgid support on my coffee break and explained the situation and not only was directed on how to get my battery replaced, she took pity on me and manually set my warranty to lifetime. My faith is restored, I no longer have the gloomy cloud of Monday over my head and I will have a new battery to keep me busy with! Oh, joy!

Ridgid, I wronged you..... your customer support is ACES!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
        One, cool down, being pissed off helps no one.

Two, yes, I have had batteries replaced without issue. Even forgot to register mine, but provided the correct documentation and was taken care of.

Three, again, attitude, it will get you ZERO results from customer service reps. Call Ridgid and explain the issue and they will help you out if you keep your cool. I'll tell you this, being a former customer service rep, rude, belligerent callers got the least help, its the equivalent of telling them to f-off because obviously you can't. Patient, understanding callers got damn near anything with in my power, just saying.

Four, who told you that you had no warranty, Ridgid or the repair center you brought the battery too?
        Don't worry, I know not to come across angry to customer service.... I am a computer tech and spend most of my day on the phone supplying support. I would never take it out on the person on the other end. I did not see your posting before I phoned them, but if you read my reply they came across absolutely 5 star 110% great! And I apologize as coming across grumpy on this forum.... especially on my first posting! <head hanging in shame> But I had emailed the customer support and they had emailed back that I only had the 3 year (despite mailing the receipt in, guess they didn't get it) and telling me that I had to have the receipt (remember, it had been mailed in) to get my 3 year warranty. Since I had emailed to them that I had sentthem the receipt, and they told me I had to have the receipt this is basically telling me I had no warranty options.

But it all worked out in the end. I don't know the name of the kind young lady that helped me, but she had that southern drawl that us Canuks find so charming. She truly earned the right to be called customer service.

As for anyone seeing this posting, take away from it that after a year and a half my Ridgid drill and impact are still running 100% and still look new after a year of home reno. And I can run a 5" wood screw in with that impact without it slowing down (well, maybe a little).... first impact and I love it! I think I'll celebrate by going to Home Depot on the way home and buying another Ridgid tool!

Comment

I too was a computer tech, so you know the gig!

Comment

You are supposed to mail a COPY of the rec. not the original. Also good to make a copy of everything including upc in case there is a mistake."The worlds an imperfect place, screws fall out all the time!"
            (movie quote!)

Comment

I agree, make copies of everything. I also noticed my dashboard was showing lifetime service agreement and being paranoid about this stuff, I printed screen shots of each screen. Then someone said if I called them they would send an email copy of my customer account so I could print it out. After I printed it I put the paper in a binder I keep in my shop with all my manuals and receipt but as it turned out I didn't need to print a copy as they also sent an actual letter with the info a few days later as well.

Comment

One point, not yet mentioned, is that even the serial number of the tool is also date coded. Of course the receipt is absolute proof that you are the only and original owner, but I've read where people have fallen back on the "serial number" if it comes down to that.

The other thing is that you can check your credit card receipts or records to show when the date of purchase was made and once you have that you can go back to Home Depot and formally request a copy of the receipt. Now, I don't know if they still do this but a few years ago the Atlanta HQ maintained a database of all store transactions. So, if you know the date of purchase and the store number where the purchase was made, they used to be able to print and send you a copy of your receipt. I'm NOT sure if this is still in effect or if your local store has any knowledge of it, but that is what I was told by the customer manager in Atlanta.

Glad you were able to work this out and good luck with your tools,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                X