X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty filing - 6-12 weeks? really?

I filed for my lifetime warranty about a week back, which would be about 3 days after I received the tools in the mail. I sent in the paperwork certified and insured, so no worries there.

However....

gave Ridgid a call this morning and was told they need 6-12 weeks to process.

Really?

What are they doing, examining my signature with an electron microscope?

Has anyone else been told such a thing? If so, have they been provided with any explanation?

Re: Warranty filing - 6-12 weeks? really?

Only 6-12 weeks, they've gotten much better. Not sure why you have such a bee under your bonnet though, 6-12 weeks is a fairly common disclaimer for just about anything. Has been for decades, you must be really young.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Um no, just really used to computers. All you need to do is enter my name and product codes in a database. Why would this take 6-12 weeks?

Comment

I think you may be confusing the product registration and the Limited Lifetime Warranty Program that Ridgid offers. One is not the same as the other. Product registration is simple and can be done as quickly as registering computers. The Limited Lifetime Service Agreement is above and beyond the normal warranty offered and you have to jump through a few hoops to sign up for it and this is what takes the time. Try using the Search feature here and look up the many previous threads that deal with the proper way to sign up for the LLSA.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesson View Post
          ....gave Ridgid a call this morning and was told they need 6-12 weeks to process.....
          considering that it used to take them 6-12 MONTHS, i'd say they've improved quite a bit.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

6-12 weeks... I'll believe it when I see it.

Regarding your personal concern, I guess I can understand it but only if you figure you're the only person who has bought a tool in the last month. While I can't imagine thousands of sales every week, I do imagine "hundreds". I seriously doubt that TTI/Ridgid has dozens of people assigned to the task of verification and data entry. In the history of the LLSA from approximately 2005 to present, the process has taken four to five months.

While patience is desired, it has proven to be also a matter of dilingently making sure you've sent the right information, as well as a copy of your receipt and the original UPC from the product box; AND, that you are diligent in your follow-up to make sure that within a few months Ridgid has processed your registration. There have been too many complaints from people who have gone well over a year before recognizing that they've NOT been registered. At that point, it's a little late to complain or have anyone follow-up on why their stuff isn't registered.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I sent 1 in on 7/26 and noticed the my online tool box shows it is now registered. That was less than 2 months alot better than when the program 1st started out.
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Just keep checking on the status online and it will eventually be sorted out. I would imagine they do alot of product registration and as mentioned earlier the 6 to 12 weeks isn't that bad and is usually the norm.

Also if your worried about something breaking and getting warranty service remember you have a 90day satisfaction guarantee and a three year warranty you can use until the LSA cuts in.

Be patient but keep checking, the LSA is imo half the value of the purchase.
                Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 09-27-2011, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I filled out all my info for the LSA shortly after I got all my tools. I just noticed today, over 4 years later that on the web site when I pulled up my products, that all my cordless tools said nothing in the warranty column. Where as a miter saw that I registered at same time said 3 year warranty (LSA available) or something like that. So was I lucky that I never followed up with the LSA registration and they still honored it, or was this just a computer mix up on their part? Customer service was friendly and helpful for me when I called today and the corrections have been made. But I never received any card or info years ago. They did give me customer I.D. and registration I.D. numbers for each tool to use if I need service. I'm glad it's straightened out.

Comment

Glad to hear that in the end it worked out well for you. Let me guess, when you called Customer Service you calmly explained the situation and treated the person on the other end of the phone line with respect? Others in your situation have had similar results when taking that approach.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                      Glad to hear that in the end it worked out well for you. Let me guess, when you called Customer Service you calmly explained the situation and treated the person on the other end of the phone line with respect? Others in your situation have had similar results when taking that approach.
                      funny how that works

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                        funny how that works
                        Yes, the magic words work well most times. At least for those of
                        us fortunate enough to be taught them when we were young.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X