X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Band Saw Oil

Do you own a portable band saw? If you do, what type of oil do you use? I have a Dewalt and the paperwork says to use Dewalt band saw oil. I stopped by a Dewalt dealer today and he was stumped. Any thoughts? Thanks
    26+6=1

Re: Portable Band Saw Oil

Use wax on blade,Grasshopper.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
      Do you own a portable band saw? If you do, what type of oil do you use? I have a Dewalt and the paperwork says to use Dewalt band saw oil. I stopped by a Dewalt dealer today and he was stumped. Any thoughts? Thanks
      My guess its either non detergent 30 weight, cutting oil, or chainsaw bar oil. Even WD40 would work in a pinch. Lubricating the blade and keeping it cool while cutting, both extend the life of the blade. You can cut dry, but your blade wont last as long.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

are you referring to the gear case oil/ grease? or for cutting?

most of the time i cut dry so there is no mess and the rubber wheels don't get oily.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I know that keeping it cool while cutting is the right way to go. I see now that lubrication is an additional must have to keep the blade lasts long. Noted well.

Comment

On metal cutting , n drilling tap magic ROCKE
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X