JobMax - variable speed control?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JobMax - variable speed control?

I just purchased the JobMax multi-tool and I'm wondering if the variable speed control is faulty. When I squeeze the trigger the speed begins to ramp up proprtionately until about 20-25% then accelerates suddenly to 100%.

The specs indicate 0-xxx, 0-x,xxx or 0-xx,xxx depending on the attachment. This leads me to believe that the speed control should be variable all the way from 0-100%.

Anyone with speed control different from mine?
    "Good enough" isn't really "good"...

Re: JobMax - variable speed control?

Originally posted by gadgetarian View Post
    I just purchased the JobMax multi-tool and I'm wondering if the variable speed control is faulty. When I squeeze the trigger the speed begins to ramp up proprtionately until about 20-25% then accelerates suddenly to 100%.

The specs indicate 0-xxx, 0-x,xxx or 0-xx,xxx depending on the attachment. This leads me to believe that the speed control should be variable all the way from 0-100%.

Anyone with speed control different from mine?

take it back and get diff one. thats not right

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      take it back and get diff one. thats not right
      I sent an inquiry to RIDGID Tech Services and the reply I received was, "The unit seems to be working as designed".

Before I pack the unit up, drive in to town and swap it for another one I thought I'd check with other JobMax owners out there to see if anyone has a different story.

Thanks.

Comment

I have a couple of JobMax handles, along with several heads. My units don't exhibit the behavior that you describe. In fact, both handles accelerate smoothly from min to max, and they're fairly linear with any of the heads. I think you have a defective tool.
        -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaDan View Post
          I have a couple of JobMax handles, along with several heads. My units don't exhibit the behavior that you describe. In fact, both handles accelerate smoothly from min to max, and they're fairly linear with any of the heads. I think you have a defective tool.
          -Dan
          Many thanks for your reply Dan. I thought there was something wrong. So much for RIDGID Tech Services.

"The unit seems to be working as designed"

Yikes!

Rob
          Last edited by gadgetarian; 10-06-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetarian View Post
            Many thanks for your reply Dan. I thought there was something wrong. So much for RIDGID Tech Services.

"The unit seems to be working as designed"

Yikes!

Rob
            Update! I went to HD this afternoon to swap my "defective" JobMax for a new one. Planning ahead I brought along a spare battery to test the new one to make sure it was OK. To my surprise and dismay the demo model exhibited the same behavior as the unit I was returning. I opened a box and tried another one...same thing. Opened a second box...yup same thing.

It seems, "The unit seems to be working as designed". Either that or HD got a load of defective tools.

Sorry for the diss RIDGID Tech Services. However, the marketing department might consider editing the specs to reflect the actual operation of the variable speed control.

Comment

I have the corded model.
              I notice it depends where you place your hand on the trigger/lever....
              I have experienced most of the time a smooth acceleration from off to max speed

It is however very sensitive to your hand placement on the trigger!!!!!

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                I have the corded model.
                I notice it depends where you place your hand on the trigger/lever....
                I have experienced most of the time a smooth acceleration from off to max speed

It is however very sensitive to your hand placement on the trigger!!!!!

Cactus Man
                Interesting observation and comment. I'll experiment with that next time I have mine out.

Thanks.

Comment

My first post here. I just purchased the corded version and it performs just as you stated. I almost took it back but will not now thanks to these replies. I use mine primarily as an osccilliatating tool for now and it is the best one I have ever used.

Comment

Working...
                  X