Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with compound miter saw ms1065LZ - horrible noise

HI all,

I have a compound miter saw (MS1065LZ) that's been making a horrible, screeching / grinding noise when it 1st starts, then smooths out while running then gets worse when it is stopping. I pulled out the "brushes" and they both have approx. 1/2" left before the wear line. Any suggestions as to what the problem is would be greatly appreciated.

Re: problems with compound miter saw ms1065LZ - horrible noise

Just a quick guess, but I think I'd check to see if the "brake" mechanism is sticking, perhaps clogged with debris. If you're covered under warranty or the LLSA, let them do it, otherwise it's a bit of a chore to disassemble.

My thinking that it is the "brake" is only because you mention that the noise is ONLY on the initial startup and as the RPM winds-down after you've switched it off... at higher RPM the brake would be free. Does the noise coincide with the braking mechanism bringing the blade to a stop?

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Is the blade tight?
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

HI Guys

I managed to fix my problem by dumb luck. I pulled out the brushes & wiped a little grit off them but the noise was still there. I continued to use the saw until I had a piece of wood kick back & get stuck between the blade & blade cover. I had to take the blade off to get at the wood & decided to wipe a little oil on the washers that hold the blade in place, it's supposed to be done when putting a blade on. (I'd read that in the manual when I was trying to see if I needed to oil it occasionally) Low & behold the horrible noise went away !!! Problem solved. Thanks for the assistance!

Comment

Working...
        X