Warrantee is a joke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrantee is a joke

Purchased 10" compound miter saw sometime ago and have used it lightly around the house. I was in the middle of finishing my basement when it quit working. I called Home Depot and was assured that I could bring it it and exchange it for a new one. When I got there I was told that their policy has changed and tools are now sent out for repair not exchanged. I was charged $35 to ship the tool out too a third party repair company. After 2 weeks, I got a call stating that my tool could only be repaired if I paid an additional $231 because the motor and switch arnt covered under the warrantee. After several very non-helpful phone calls to Ridgid, and 3 hours of my time, I find out that pretty much all parts are excluded from that warrantee. I will never buy a Ridgid again!!!!!

Re: Warrantee is a joke

HD only exchanges tools purchased within a 90 day window. That's nothing new. When did you purchase the tool?
    Sounds like your tool is over three years old and wasn't registered properly (YOUR responsibility) for the LSA.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
      HD only exchanges tools purchased within a 90 day window. That's nothing new. When did you purchase the tool?
      Sounds like your tool is over three years old and wasn't registered properly (YOUR responsibility) for the LSA.
      Warranty registration with RIDGID is required for full warranty. I've made this a habit following purchase of all my RIDGID tools. I had to have a new switch installed in one of my cordless drills so I contacted RIDGID about the problem and they gave me an authorisation number to take with me to a local third party tool repair shop.

Results:
      - Tool repaired perfectly.
      - Didn't cost me anything other than a little time.
      - Happy customer.
      - Additional RIDGID equipment purchases!
      "Good enough" isn't really "good"...

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetarian View Post
        Warranty registration with RIDGID is required for full warranty.

I don't know about Canadian rules and regulations but that is not the case in the US. A warranty if one is offered is automatic and in most cases all that is required is a dated sales receipt to receive warranty service.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

BD is correct. No registration required for the standard three-year warranty.
          If you have a receipt, it's three years from the date on the receipt. If you don't have one, it's three years from the tool's date code.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
          X