RD80701 or get the RD80704

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD80701 or get the RD80704

Local HD has one of the 701 pressure washers left and I can get it for 449 or I could get the 704 model for 499. What ya think? The 704 has the idle down feature, but other than that I don't see any advantage.

Re: RD80701 or get the RD80704

BTW, it will be replacing a ryobi 3000psi, 2.7gpm single stage pump washer. The ryobi runs fine but the pump has slowly been dying. I need a horizontal shaft engine for my lawnmower bagger any way so that will be the new home for the suburu 7 hp engine.

Comment

Buy the '704 and you get the idle-down AND a free turbo nozzle.
      Other than that, same basic engine, same basic pump.
      The '701 does have an onboard detergent tank though. Unfortunately, it also has a prone-to-leaking detergent valve.
      Potato, potahto.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Hmm, I already have a turbo nozzle... Wonder if I can talk them down to 399... Rick, any pointers? Lol

Comment

A few months old thread, but I did buy a RD80701 from Home Depot $499 (got my military discount also, Yeah Home Depot.)

Took it out of the box and out popped a RD80704 machine. How's that for a nice surprise.

Spent a couple days researching these and finding positive reviews here in the Rigid forums and others. (I spent about twice what I had planned, but then we get what we pay for, don't we?) This one seems the top end of the available options under $600 and it was in-stock.

Questions, though...

The "Injection Hose". There is no instruction for using this in the operators manual, other than a picture of where to attach. Can anyone offer guidance before I go mess with it and break something? Oh, wait, I found it tucked down under "Washing with Detergent". Okay, gtg on that.

The "Pump Oil Cap". This one has a loose fitting plug-type thing with about 8 inch of tubbing. Is this supposed to be a permanent cap, or some kind of pump safety device? It fits very loose and I've already knocked it off about 3 times just lifting it out of the box.

I've also noticed a small bit of spilled pump oil. The pump oil sight glass is not completely full, but not below safe level. Concerns me considering the cheap-looking "pump oil cap". I don't see how t his will ever stay on during use with engine vibrations.
          Last edited by Lawrence7; 05-02-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I ended up getting the RD80706 model. It's a nice washer, sure beats the ryobi model. Same exact engine as the ryobi which btw is still running and has been repurposed as a bagger motor on my commercial mower.

Comment

Working...
            X