X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date Code and warranty

I have an R3020 I purchased a few yrs ago. Never registered it for the lifetime (i know very dumb). Anyhow, I used this tool on one occasion and went to use it the other day and it doesnt work. I can't find my receipt. The saw looks brand new, not a scratch on it.

1. How do you decipher the date code (assuming that is the code on the metal tag).

2. Is the 3 year warranty useable without a receipt?

3. Do I have any other options?

Thanks

Re: Date Code and warranty

Just did a google search - should have done that first - I only searched here on this forum: Anyhow, here is what I found about the date code: The first two numbers indicate the year and the second 2 numbers indicate the week of the year. For instance, 0632 shows that the tool was produced in 2006 during the 32nd week of the year. My saw is just outside the 3 yrs.

So I guess I am out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by superduty View Post
      Just did a google search - should have done that first - I only searched here on this forum: Anyhow, here is what I found about the date code: The first two numbers indicate the year and the second 2 numbers indicate the week of the year. For instance, 0632 shows that the tool was produced in 2006 during the 32nd week of the year. My saw is just outside the 3 yrs.

So I guess I am out of luck.
      That's why we should all take the 10 minutes required to register! The folks at HD have been very good at reminding me to register every time I have purchased RIDGID tools. Just remember to ask for a duplicate receipt when you make the purchase so you can send it in with your registration.
      Last edited by gadgetarian; 10-09-2011, 03:51 PM.
      "Good enough" isn't really "good"...

Comment

Superduty,

No receipt makes it difficult I'm sure, but not necessarily impossible. I can only presume that the "date code" is the manufacturing date, and that of course would be somewhat longer than the actual date of purchase... at least given normal distribution time, turn-over, etc. (Is that a matter of weeks or months... who knows?)

But, is there any chance that you have other evidence of purchase like a cancelled check or credit card record? That would pin down the exact date of purchase and it is my understanding that it might suffice as a proof of purchase... but you'd have to call Ridgid Customer Support to find that out.

Another avenue to explore, if you can pin down the date would be to identify the store where the purchase was made. I've been told (by a Home Depot person at the Atlanta headquarters office) that Home Depot keeps a database of all transactions... based on the particular store ID# and the date of sale. (Home Depot receipts used to be notorious for fading away within a few months... thanks to thier thermal printing). With the store and date info, the Atlanta office can thus varify and even print a new receipt. BUT, that information was given to me four or five years ago and I don't know if they still have that policy!

I hope this is helpful and good luck,

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X