X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer RD80701

I bought the pressure washer about 6 months ago and finally got a chance to use it. I was able to run the first tank of gas with no problems. After filling the tank and checking the oil I started it back up but the pressure was not to strong. I checked everything and just put it up. The next day I capped off the soap line because it seem like it was letting air into the pump. That did not work, so I bought a 3/4 hose and it still did not fix the problem. I did finally find a small rock in the jet after all this, but I know the day before when I had problems I tried different jets. Now that I have some time to do some research I have seen a few post about the soap valve on this model giving problems. My question is could the air getting to the pump make it not work. If so is the soap valve worth replacing or should I just make my own. I know my pressure washer is under warranty, but I can buy the parts and replace it myself, which would be easier than loading the pressure washer off and having it repaired.

Re: Pressure Washer RD80701

Did you check for a clog on the input screen where your hose hooks up? Try running the wand without a nozzle to see if you get a good stream of water. This might knock out a small clog.

Comment

I did check the input screen and actually run the machine with out a high pressure hose and could not get high pressure out of it. Hopefully this weekend I will have some time to remove the screw from the soap line and see if the pump can build pressure. That and the bigger hose is all I really changed. It had run for 2 hours on the other hose so I do not think it was the hose. I wonder if anyone else has had problems with soap valve on this machine?

Comment

Air will not enter through the injector valve unless there's a significant failure in the pump that causes a drastic drop in output pressure or flow rate. If the pressure & flow is normal, a failed injector valve will release water, not admit air.

Are you sure that "small rock" wasn't a piece of one of the ceramic pistons?
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
        X