No announcement yet.

ryobi radio, With battery charger!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ryobi radio, With battery charger!!!

I went ahead and bought one the other day. The radio sounds decent, but the antenna could be longer for better reception indoors. The charger works fine. The auxiliary plug is the same as on the other Ryobi radio and it plays an Ipod with good sound. The storage for your Ipod/etc. is large and will fit an HTC Evo with an Otterbox type case. There is a USB port for charging only. It will not read a thumb drive like my Ford Sync will. It does not have a 12v charging port for accessories. You will need a USB cable to charge your cell phone in the field. The cord is short at six feet, but it has a nice cord wrap at the bottom of the radio. I Velcro'd a Ryobi 4v charger to the top of it and plugged it into the USB port and it charges fine. Even with the USB cable plugged in, there is still room for your Ipod inside the storage compartment.

Overall I would rate it a $99 radio at best in quality, even though I paid $139. Basically, it is not a DeWalt or Bosch beater, but yet another Ryobi "Must Have" for Ryobi collectors such as myself.
    Last edited by erngum; 10-18-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Re: ryobi radio, With battery charger!!!

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
      Doesn't DW still have the patent on that? That radio will be an expensive dude!
      Talked to tti rep, the patent ran out, so RIDGID and milwaukee should have chargers in their radios by end of this year or beg of next

Comment

Working...
      X