Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amazing Battery Deserves Amazing Tools

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
    I have 3 maxselect lights and 2 or 3 18v variants. If you want to donate those batteries for R&D, I am interested.
    Do you want them with the guts or not? if I toss unnecessary cells , and the lower cases in the trash, I can send you several batteries without breaking the bank. The Ryobis I will need to do a recycle raid at HD, There were 3-4 there. I think I only have 1 or 2 bad ones, but prob can scrounge more from a buddy. I have several Dewalt 18V

Originally posted by pesciwasp
    how will you graft it?
    When I get around to doing it, I will take the top of a Ryobi battery, bottom base of a Ridgid tool and marry them together with some epoxy resin and well placed screws. The wires from the contacts will be joined together. This adapter will allow somebody to use a ridgid battery in Ryobi tool. Same concept applies for Dewalt.

I got this idea from another guy who grafted a Ridgid 18V base to a Ryobi Laminate trimmer, and a Ridgid 24V max select battery to a leaf blower.
    Last edited by masterbeavis; 10-18-2011, 12:21 AM.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Mb, I would only need the tops, no cells, just the contacts. The only issue I am seeing that will make this difficult is the manner in which ryobi and dewalt batteries attach to the tool with the side clips. Slide on battery tools are less "deep" with the connection system, so not sure on that aspect yet.

Comment

Empty cases sound like the way to to, this way there is no "ooops, we shoulda." Send me a PM.

Comment

I plan to do something similar. I just bought the 5 piece combo and am selling most of my Ryobi tools. But I'm keeping the angle drill since Ridged doesn't make an 18V one. I plan to find a busted Ridgid tool or cheap flashlight on ebay (or this forum?) then cut off the mount and attach it to the Ryobi. I'll post pictures of the finished product.

Soooo.....Anyone got a broken/cheap 18V Ridgid tool they want to get rid of?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by lapsmith View Post
            I plan to do something similar. I just bought the 5 piece combo and am selling most of my Ryobi tools. But I'm keeping the angle drill since Ridged doesn't make an 18V one. I plan to find a busted Ridgid tool or cheap flashlight on ebay (or this forum?) then cut off the mount and attach it to the Ryobi. I'll post pictures of the finished product.

Soooo.....Anyone got a broken/cheap 18V Ridgid tool they want to get rid of?

Tom
            How about a 18v flashlight?

Comment

this a Dewalt Ryobi conversion, but much what your talking about,

one site said dewalt made Ebay take there auctions down, » Battery Adapter for 18 volt DeWalt power tools.

where I could really see some thing like this is if you basically have two brands of tools and that way at least one could interchange the batteries,
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

That would work! How much were you thinking? We should probably go offline.

Tom

Comment

That would work! How much were you thinking? We should probably go offline.

Tom
                  Send a pm with an address and I'll ship one out.

Comment

Don't murder a 24V one, I still am hunting for one cheap enough. I still have those R869s if you want them.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                      this a Dewalt Ryobi conversion, but much what your talking about,

one site said dewalt made Ebay take there auctions down, » Battery Adapter for 18 volt DeWalt power tools.

where I could really see some thing like this is if you basically have two brands of tools and that way at least one could interchange the batteries,
                      Nifty idea, crummy execution IMO. That thing would break something if dropped. The tabs make for goofy mounting condtions, if and when I were to make one, it will have a shorter adapter on it, maybe 1/2" thick. Of course this is for Ridgid slide packs, not the usual Ryobi or Dewalt style

Comment

MB, I still have the 24v light, I've only murdered one of them, and I'll trade ya if you like.

Comment

Hi Alphacowboy, I sent you a PM several weeks ago about this. Did you get it?
                          Thanks,
                          Tom

Comment

Hi Alphacowboy, I sent you a PM several weeks ago about this. Did you get it?
                            Thanks,
                            Tom
                            Sorry, I have been working 70 hrs a week, I haven't had a chance.

Comment

Okay, thanks. It's good to be busy:-)

Comment

Working...
                              X