Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated customer Bad batteries or not?

I purchased 3 sets, 6 drills all together, of the small 12 volt cordless drills. Model number R82007. All 6 batteries are defective. My father has same set, both his batteries are defective. After 7 or 8 phone calls over a year ago and many hours on hold I was given a list of warranty depots. The Ridgid employee told me there was a recall on the 0830 batteries and to send them away to get repaired. I did so and after 3 months of waiting for my 2 drills back and several calls to this Ridgid warranty approved buss, the manager informed me that they cannot find my drills. I have been calling Ridgid for the last week and today finally after 27 minutes I got through to a representative. That rep told me he did not have the authority to address my issue and he would transfer me to the supervisors voice mail. I held patiently to be transferred and after another 27 minutes , a gentleman comes on the line and asks me how he can help me. Once again I informed him that I was simply awaiting to be tranferred to a supervisors voicemail. I currently own appox 14 ridgid items however if the terrible customer service continues I will be switching to another brand. Anyone alse having same issue with these batteries?

Re: Frustrated customer Bad batteries or not?

Originally posted by shadeall View Post
    Anyone alse having same issue with these batteries?
    Purchased within the 3-yr limited service warranty? Did you register your power tools for LSA?

In addition to the 3-Year Limited Service Warranty currently included with RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tools Stationary Power Tools, and Pneumatic Tools, purchasers of these products may elect for a limited time to receive a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept this Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase as described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set forth below.

The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, for a limited time on all RIDGID® Brand hand held power tools, stationary power tools and pneumatic tools, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Customers have 90 days from date of purchase to register tools for the Lifetime Service Agreement.

PROOF OF PURCHASE (RECEIPT AND ORIGINAL UPC CODE) WILL BE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING. REGISTER YOUR TOOLS THROUGH RIDGID.COM TO ACCEPT THE RIDGID® BRAND LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT
    To accept the RIDGID® Brand Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your qualifying RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tool, Stationary Power Tool or Pneumatic Tool within 90 days after purchase. For expedited handling, register by logging on to RIDGID Professional Tools Plumbing Pipe Pressing Locating Hand Woodworking Power Diagnostic Tools, click on "Support," then "Product Registration," and choose the appropriate product category to be led through the registration process. You may also register by US mail - simply complete a registration form found at point of purchase, then mail the card together with a copy of your store receipt and the original UPC from the package of the qualifying product to: RIDGID® Hand Held and Stationary Power Tool Technical Service, PO Box 1427, Anderson, SC 29622.
    All registrations must be made under the name of an individual person. Within approximately 6-8 weeks after completion of the registration process, you will receive confirmation via email or US mail that will include your Lifetime Service Agreement Identification Number. Keep track of this number as you will need it in order to obtain service for your product under the Lifetime Service Agreement. A Lifetime Service Agreement card will be mailed to you; this will also include your Lifetime Service Agreement Identification Number.

Comment

Re: Frustrated customer Bad batteries or not?

Typically, when tools get sent away to get repaired, they go to a local service center, not back to Ridgid. How long ago did you send your stuff off to get dealt with?

I have had batteries go bad on my 18V stuff, I just walk them into the local service center, drop them off and bring a tool with me for paperwork purposes (two batteries per tool) and in 6 weeks have new batteries in the mail. I have not done any LSA repairs yet, these were all done under the 3 yr warranty.

Where did you send your tools, when did you send them, did you ever register the tools? Do you have any tracking numbers, delivery confirmation, or any such proof that somebody received a box from you?

I have had good luck sometimes with sending emails to companies I am tired of dealing with the phone labrynth. It takes longer in the end, but you do not spend hours upon hours on the phone getting transferred and hung up on after 2 hours of getting nowhere.
      Last edited by masterbeavis; 10-15-2011, 01:36 AM.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
      X