Ryobi beats Ridgid again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ryobi beats Ridgid again

Reconx ive never had a problem with ryobi or the orange riddgid cause i dont own any of either brand no offense but in my part of the world you would be hackled and laughed at if as a contractor you showed up with ryobi its cheap handymen crap... But i think the same of dewalt if thou i do see it on jobsites often. I personally wont by orange ridgid or ryobii or black and decker ect... I use my tools day in day out and i cant bwait weeks for replacment or repair.. sorry if your different maybe theyre ok but id sooner keep my money till i could afford makita or milwaukee or sometimes hitachi...thanks seanny

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
      Reconx ive never had a problem with ryobi or the orange riddgid cause i dont own any of either brand no offense but in my part of the world you would be hackled and laughed at if as a contractor you showed up with ryobi its cheap handymen crap... But i think the same of dewalt if thou i do see it on jobsites often. I personally wont by orange ridgid or ryobii or black and decker ect... I use my tools day in day out and i cant bwait weeks for replacment or repair.. sorry if your different maybe theyre ok but id sooner keep my money till i could afford makita or milwaukee or sometimes hitachi...thanks seanny
      I'm no pro, but I have seen several around here who do use Ryobi and Ridgid. When I asked them about the Ryobi, they mostly said the tools worked well enough and they didn't care about beating on them or if they got stolen because they were so inexpensive. The exact opposite of what I thought they would say. Figured they would go for the best they could buy. Funny to see some of those huge multi battery Ryobi chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Funny to see some of those huge multi battery Ryobi chargers.
        That thing is awesome! A r&d and marketing exec guy who actually listened to their customer base.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Reconx ive never had a problem with ryobi or the orange riddgid cause i dont own any of either brand no offense but in my part of the world you would be hackled and laughed at if as a contractor you showed up with ryobi its cheap handymen crap..
          No offense taken and I can see the potential for that type of scenario happening at a job site. A variety of Ryobi, Ridgid and Makita power tools have performed well for me remodeling/servicing/rehab rental properties. The Ryobi makes a great backup/lender tool that I might keep at a property for convenience. Now that the job site/charger/ radio patent issue seems to be going away maybe we will get a Ridgid version...
          Last edited by reConx; 11-04-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

I never cared about the tunes. "WHERE" are the dual, triple or quad charging stations?

Comment

Are you referring to this Ryobi innovation: P125 Ryobi 6-Port Lithium-ion/NiCad Supercharger because Ridgid could use one too

Name:  5c7fb1e349ccd80df29ba53faec336ed.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  10.4 KB

Comment

>>in my part of the world you would be hackled and laughed at if as a contractor you showed up with ryobi its cheap handymen crap...<<

For the last 10 or 12 years Ryobi tools along with other brands have gone to jobsites with me every day, in 3 states. In that entire time, I can't recall a single incidence when a customer or anyone else laughed at me or my crews because Ryobi tools were used. I guess in my "part of the world" people just has no sense of humor.

I don't doubt that a Mercedes is a much better car than my Ford. But even if I could afford the Mercedes, I would probably choose my Ford – as long as it gets the job done for me. I wonder if those Mercedes owners are laughing at me?

Comment

I didnt mean to put anyone down but wouldnt you take your Ford to th√© Guy with Walmart ramps and and √* few bottle jacks or √* shop with √* lift... They do th√© job but √* professional should have good tools. From what iv seen of ryobi there midgrade handymen special.. i wouldnt hackle you , but i wouldnt question who had been hired. If you earn a living with your hands they shouldnt be manacured if you earn a living with your tools they should be good quality. Mind you im in the middle.of.know where if a tool breaks im usually an hour away i cant just go buy a new one.. closest home depot is about 4 hrs away "and ive never been to it" sorry to ruffle your feathers. Opions are like a ssholes everyones got one..

Comment

I didnt mean to put anyone down but wouldnt you take your Ford to th√© Guy with Walmart ramps and and √* few bottle jacks or √* shop with √* lift... They do th√© job but √* professional should have good tools. From what iv seen of ryobi there midgrade handymen special.. i wouldnt hackle you , but i wouldnt question who had been hired. If you earn a living with your hands they shouldnt be manacured if you earn a living with your tools they should be good quality. Mind you im in the middle.of.know where if a tool breaks im usually an hour away i cant just go buy a new one.. closest home depot is about 4 hrs away "and ive never been to it" sorry to ruffle your feathers. Opions are like a ssholes everyones got one..
                    I don't think there is any right and wrong here, only what works for you personally. I know pros who only buy top of the line tools for their durability and accuracy and I know pros who buy the least expensive expecting them to take a beating and be tossed or in the event of a theft not to be missed. Just a matter of choice. As a homeowner I would rather have the best I can afford hoping it will last longer. I bought the Ryobi our of curiosity over their lithium battery and just to have a spare drill for lighter jobs. Even though the Ridgid may not be on the level of a Milwaukee, it is noticibly stronger and better made than the Ryobi. The points you make for buying top of the line make perfect sense for your situation just like the guy who buys low end because he works in areas where he gets repeatedly robbed of tools. Frank

Comment

>>sorry to ruffle your feathers<<

Absolutely no offense taken. I think the trick for any of us is knowing the limitations of the tools we buy, and never taking those tools beyond their capabilities. I have D-handle drills from both Ridgid and DeWalt, and they kick butt. Still, I find myself dragging out my little 12V Ridgid driver (battery in the handle), anytime I can. It's cheap and light weight and there are some jobs that it handles very well - even if it looks like came from Toys-R-Us !

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaDan View Post
                        ...................... I think the trick for any of us is knowing the limitations of the tools we buy, and never taking those tools beyond their capabilities.
                        +1 Unfortunately human nature being what it is................................. But, on the bright side, asking more of a tool than it was designed to do does give all the ranters a purpose for living.
                        ================================================== ====
                        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I will say, the Green Ryobi tools feel much more robust than that of the Blue Ryobi tools. The plastic housings on the "blue" units is very cheap feeling.

Comment

well, I certainly understand anyone's point and/or objective in buying the best they can afford or the best tool, because of it's perceived reliability, quick parts or service... BUT, while that works best for them, I can never quit understand their need for putting down in a manner like, "I see one big flaw Its ryobi". Especially when there is no apparent personal history of having owned or personally having a "failure" with these particular tools.

In my mind it would be the same if my response was "you must be a tool snob" or "you waste your earnings on buying too expensive tools".... in both statements I would be absolutely WRONG.

The "value" of a tool is in it's cost/performance and "return on investment" that the buyer makes. Many of us simply don't need to spend a lot of money to get a tool that performs well and repeatedly accomplishes the job. And YES, it may well wear out long before a so-called "pro" tool that coast quite a bit more. But there can be some very exacing work performed with even the cheapest of tools, given that the user knows the limitations and how to take advantage of the positives. That in no way "puts down" anyone who prefers to spend whatever they think necessary to "meet the requirements".

For an example, I was once told that I'd be "an idiot" for not buying this one particular brand... that cost $185. The sales guy went on to tell me that "you can throw this up in the air and have it crash to the floor and it will still work... the Ryobi would be in pieces!!!" The "Ryobi" cost me $50... I had no intention of "throwing it up in the air".... purchased in 2003, this little tool has seen a lot of work and it still performs very well for ME! While I would recommend it, I would not put-down the more expensive brand, or the guy who might spend more than three times the price.

There is an old saying, "An archer is not known by the color of his arrow, but by his aim." The point is that when I see someone who feels it necessary to punch a particular brand name like "Ryobi", I'd like to know if there's really a "reason" or just a "point of view".

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                              There is an old saying, "An archer is not known by the color of his arrow, but by his aim." The point is that when I see someone who feels it necessary to punch a particular brand name like "Ryobi", I'd like to know if there's really a "reason" or just a "point of view"
                              The new "lime-green" Ryobi colors turn me off LOL...I prefer the more pro- looking "blue" Ryobi

Comment

Ryboa sucks like a 16 h.p. Mud pump! Take a hike jack !!!!!!!
                                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                                X