Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ryobi beats Ridgid again

>>Ryboa sucks like a 16 h.p. Mud pump! Take a hike jack<<

I've never owned a Ryboa or a mud pump, so I'm just going to keep quiet and try to learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaDan View Post
      >>Ryboa sucks like a 16 h.p. Mud pump! Take a hike jack<<

I've never owned a Ryboa or a mud pump, so I'm just going to keep quiet and try to learn something.
      Given a choice ,go with the MUD PUMP !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
        i think the bigger issue is all the people who bought the new ridgid radio not knowing when the patent was up. They (tti/ridgid) knew full well when patent was going to end. TTI rep said end year/first of year Ridgid and milwaukee will have the chargers
        I was just about to drop some coin on the new Ridgid radio. How accurate do you think your information is about the new(er) Ridgid radio that includes a charger?
        Last edited by Shorty556; 12-04-2011, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
          I didnt mean to put anyone down but wouldnt you take your Ford to thé Guy with Walmart ramps and and ?* few bottle jacks or ?* shop with ?* lift... They do thé job but ?* professional should have good tools. From what iv seen of ryobi there midgrade handymen special.. i wouldnt hackle you , but i wouldnt question who had been hired. If you earn a living with your hands they shouldnt be manacured if you earn a living with your tools they should be good quality. Mind you im in the middle.of.know where if a tool breaks im usually an hour away i cant just go buy a new one.. closest home depot is about 4 hrs away "and ive never been to it" sorry to ruffle your feathers. Opions are like a ssholes everyones got one..

I don't know, I have to question your logic. I think it's all based on the operation. Within five miles of our shop there is probably twenty to thirty tire shops. The one place that literally smokes the doors off of everyone is called Tucker Tires. If you went to this place you would just shake your head back and forth, drop your jaw open and walk away. The place is in a beat up industrial center, literally off of the freeway. Sure they have some lifts, but the majority of tire changes are done right out in the parking lot. You will see guys rolling floor jacks, jack stands and 100' of air hose with an impact gun out to a parking stall to change out tires. The amount of business this place does is mind boggling. He has only one true competitor, and that guy is about ten miles away. For most people, including local businesses Tuckers is the place to go. For our company, because we travel everywhere including out of state, we go with nationally recognized tire suppliers. That way we can get warranty service when we are on the road. When I changed tire centers about two years ago all I said to them was this. Come close to the pricing at Tucker and Jimmy's and you will have my fleet business. They did and I made the switch.

SeannyDeap: On another subject and this is not necessarily directed toward you but everyone. Go to this website and download the IE Spelling add-on. It makes reading posts a lot easier when the spelling is corrected.

ieSpell - Spell Checker add-on for Internet Explorer

Comment

This thread caught my eye so I thought I'd stir the pot. Have you seen the new Ryobi 1/4" impact driver?

Previous model was 3.5 Lbs, 2,400 RPM, and 1200 in. lbs tq

New model is 2.5 Lbs, 3,200 PRM, and 1600 in. lbs tq.

This last year has held more changes in power tools (X4, Redlithium, Dewalt 20v* max, Bosch li-hc, ryobi updates and a radio/charger) than I can remember in a long time. Interested in seeing what 2012 brings.

Comment

With the improvements to the ryobi line, I swear HD is trying to kill off the Ridgid powertool line... Irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTTi View Post
                This thread caught my eye so I thought I'd stir the pot. Have you seen the new Ryobi 1/4" impact driver?

Previous model was 3.5 Lbs, 2,400 RPM, and 1200 in. lbs tq

New model is 2.5 Lbs, 3,200 PRM, and 1600 in. lbs tq.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16170[/ATTACH]

This last year has held more changes in power tools (X4, Redlithium, Dewalt 20v* max, Bosch li-hc, ryobi updates and a radio/charger) than I can remember in a long time. Interested in seeing what 2012 brings.
                Dave, welcome to the Forum. Could you give us you opinion why Ridgid improves it's lithium battery and refuses to offer more tools like other brands do? Why no heavy duty impact, or grinder? Why make Ridgid attractive with the LSA and then turn away perspective buyers by not competing tool for tool with other brands? Frank

Comment

If you want the Ridgid line expanded, you need to voice your opinions to Home Depot, not to TTI. As the exclusive retailer, Home Depot ultimately makes those decisions, not TTI.
                  "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                    If you want the Ridgid line expanded, you need to voice your opinions to Home Depot, not to TTI. As the exclusive retailer, Home Depot ultimately makes those decisions, not TTI.
                    Unfortunately I think the reality is that the local HD's have zero say as to what they sell. Maybe a concerted effort of some kind, like a massave email campaign, might sway corporate's way of thinking but I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm also thinking that TTI would also be the one to do the R&D on new products and then pitch their successes to HD but I could be wrong about that.
                    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

I would think it would be in home depots best interest to have a greater selection of Ridgid cordless tools. Being the sole distributor for Ridgid home depot stands to sell more Ridgid kits or individual tools if they can go tool for tool with other brands. Imagine a car dealer that sells ford, chevy and doge but who has an exclusive to the ford line up. Now imagine his ford trucks don't offer four wheel drive or air conditioning? He would be hurting his exclusive product by such limits, same thing with Ridgid and home depot in my opinion. Frank

Comment

Worse, imagine such a dealer that doesn't know crap about the Ford products, pushes them to the back of the shelf, tells every customer that they have a lifetime warranty and all they ever have to do is bring it back in for an exchange, and then doesn't have any of the bigger stuff in the showroom... but you can examine the little picture of it all you want? Oh yeah, and when you try to open the door on the one Ford they do have in the showroom, the window is broke and the door is off it's hinges.

And if you do buy one, they don't sell the accessories for it!

CWS

Comment

I have a few Ryobi tools, all cordless, and the only one I do not like is the circular saw. It feels clumsy, and it does not cut anything over a half inch very well and keep a charge. The most impressive tool is the Impact driver, I have had that on many jobs and I have been hazed until they find out how much it cost in comparison to their Dewalt, Milwaukee, Hilti, etc. That usually shuts everyone up especially when it does everything theirs does. Ryobi is a cheaper brand, but it has not let me down, I have a ridgid x4, makita 10v, bosch 10v, and the ryobi does just as well as the Ridgid and better than the rest. Ridgids charge time is waaaaaaay better though.

Comment

Ryobi introduces a new cordless wonder! Not truly a power tool like a drill/saw but innovation that continues to advance and improve:

Click image for larger version

Name:	springsavings_40v_04_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	626750

Comment

Its all lawn and garden stuff.

Ryobi Page

Comment

maybe, but that 40v line could turn into something more.

my kids gave me a supercharger for Christmas and I'll tell you that thing is awesome.
                                I had a couple Ni-cads that I was going to give up on because they would not charge
                                at all or hold a charge very long, but after conditioning them in the supercharger they
                                are like new. the supercharger is the only charger that lets you keep your batteries in
                                the charger where it monitors and maintains the battery at peek power 24/7, you do
                                not have to remove the batteries when they finish charging.

Ryobi Supercharger
                                "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

Working...
                                X