Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Dewalt have a patent regarding 3 speed cordless drills?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Dewalt have a patent regarding 3 speed cordless drills?

As the title of my post asks why is no other company selling one at least in the usa? I searched the internet to answer my question, and found out their used to be ones sold not the long ago.

Re: Does Dewalt have a patent regarding 3 speed cordless drills?

No, Makita has a 3 speed cordless drill. The BDF451 is a Makita 3 speed drill. The problem with the transmission in a drill, no one ever uses anything but high speed. You see failure in drills because most contractors think high speed gets things done faster.

Comment

Originally posted by workerbob View Post
      No, Makita has a 3 speed cordless drill. The BDF451 is a Makita 3 speed drill. The problem with the transmission in a drill, no one ever uses anything but high speed. You see failure in drills because most contractors think high speed gets things done faster.
      pretty sure most men think things are better when u go faster and harder!

Comment

I have used 2nd gear in my dewalt in applications where high speed is getting choked down by the torque I am putting on the drill. Alot can be said too for sharp bits. I keep two sets with me to make it easier to get the job done without abusing my tools.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
        X