Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Drill Comparison

Hi everyone. First Forum posting.
    Does anyone know the differences between Ridgid's model number R86007 and R86008?
    Thanks in advance!

Re: Cordless Drill Comparison

Everything. About the only thing interchangeable between the two are the screws that hold them together.

Most obvious difference is the batteries in the kit.

But the biggest difference in the bare tool is the drivetrain. The '008 uses a four-pole open frame motor - more power, less weight. It also allows the brushes to be replaced when they wear out. The '008 also has a seperately available gearcase and chuck. The '007 used a standard 'can' motor that is only available as a complete motor/gearcase/chuck assembly... if anything goes tits-up, you have no choice but to repace the entire assembly.

Welcome to RidgidForum!
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Doctordeere,
      Thanks for the detailed answer. On the surface it seemed like they had the same general specs, from what I had read. I have also seen that there are 2 versions of the 18 volt Lithium Ion batteries, compact and regular, which differ in total amp hours. Is the R86008 available to purchase with a choice of batteries? Thanks again.

Comment

As I understand it...
        If you buy the drill kit (R86008K) it only comes with the compact HyperLithium batteries, but if you buy the X4 combo kit ( R9651) you get the high capacity HyperLithium batteries.

Comment

Doctordeere,
          I looked up the model # R9651 that you mentioned. It appears to be a 5 piece kit and is a little bit out of my budget. Also, it stated that the drill was also a hammer drill. I assume that the R86008 isn't a hammer drill. Thanks again!
          Last edited by ComputerGuy; 11-06-2011, 12:05 PM. Reason: corrected impact with hammer

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerGuy View Post
            I assume that the R86008 isn't a hammer drill...
            Oversight on my part. You are correct.

Comment

Working...
            X