X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Craftsman Planer/Molder

Some years ago, about fifteen, I bought a Craftsman Planer/molder at an auction for $25.00.
    Attachment
    Has been sitting in the back of the shop since with never seeming to have the time to really go over it and it wasn't til the internet that made it easier to research it, or so I thought.
    Attachment

I am hoping that maybe someone has had, or still has one of these and can provide some info on it. I am wondering if some molding blades are still available, in fact, any kind of leads towards manual and parts lists would be great. Also, if anyone knows how to interpret the date code.
    Attachment

Attachment

Thanks in advance to all that may be able to help.

Ron
    Attached Files

Re: Older Craftsman Planer/Molder

the model number (306) indicates it was produced by Belsaw / Foley-Belsaw, according to this list @ vintagemachinery.org:

Craftsman OEM List

and this page from the belsaw homepage may provide some useful information:

Belsaw Home Page
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
      the model number (306) indicates it was produced by Belsaw / Foley-Belsaw, according to this list @ vintagemachinery.org:

Craftsman OEM List

and this page from the belsaw homepage may provide some useful information:

Belsaw Home Page
      Thanks, FINER9998. That's a start but still not the links to find some actual info and manual for this particular machine.

Ron

Comment

The Belsaw link Finer provided has an 800 number you can call. I would think that would be as good a place as any to start, give them a call. There is also a website out there called Vintage Machinery, they offer many free downloadable manuals for older tools.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...dMod=306233820

A good numberof the parts are still shown as available.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 11-09-2011, 06:11 PM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...dMod=306233820

A good numberof the parts are still shown as available.
            Can't believe they want $40.38 for the manual, must be a place to download it, somewhere!

For those that have or once had a planer, are the blades typically unique to that, or any other particular machine or are they somewhat interchangeable between different manufactures. I have the straight planner blades on it now but would like to find some different styles of molding blades to fit it.

Ron

Last edited by lreops; 11-09-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lreops View Post
              Can't believe they want $40.38 for the manual, must be a place to download it, somewhere!

For those that have or once had a planer, are the blades typically unique to that, or any other particular machine or are they somewhat interchangeable between different manufactures. I have the straight planner blades on it now but would like to find some different styles of molding blades to fit it.

Ron

i don;t think many manufacturers planer blades or molding cutters are interchageable. i'm sure some are, such as the sears unit you have and its belsaw counterpart (if there is one) , but the units would probably have to share a common manufacturer.

if it was me, i'd call sears and/or belsaw. and isn't that just like sears........the parts list is available online but not the manual. BYW, the belsaw website has a chart that cross references a given sears unit with its belsaw counterpart. maybe belsaw is a little more liberal where their reprint policy is concerned.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
              X