TS3650 Fence Alignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Fence Alignment

The fence on my TS3650 skews slightly to the right towards the back rail when I lock it down. Has anyone else had this problem and/or know how to fix it? Many thanks in advance for the help.

Re: TS3650 Fence Alignment

It's not a real issue if the rear of the fence is skewed only slightly. The cut has been made prior to the stock reaching this point so again if it's not skewed too much you should be OK. Some people actually prefer to have the rear of the fence that way as they feel it helps in preventing kickback. However, if you still feel that you need to adjust the fence, the instructions on how to properly align the fence can be found in your Owners Manual.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thanks BadgerDave. However, the Owner Manual only instructs how to adjust the rails so that the fence moves freely. There are no instructions (at least in my manual) related to this issue. The skew doesn't occur until I push down the lock. The problem is that the pieces I rip also end up having a skew in them; they are not of constant width after the cut. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

see page 45, figs. 77 and 78 in your owners manual.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

The reason I didn't want to attempt that adjustment was that, when I remove the fence assembly from the saw and check the alignment of the fence face to the part that sits on the front rail, those appear to be exactly 90 degrees. Instead, my problem is that the whole fence assembly including the part that sits on the front rail moves to the right when I lock it down. I'm thinking that there's something that needs to be adjusted on the rear locking piece. What do you think? Thanks.

Comment

so if you are trying to lock the fence down @ 1.5", when the fence handle is engaged, it actually registers somehting like 1 9/16" relative to the blade?

Comment

Something like that. It's more like the distance from the miter groove to the fence at the front rail end is about 3/32" less than it is from the miter groove to fence at the back rail (after I lock it down). The end result is that the boards I rip end up wider at the leading edge than the trailing edge. If I hold the back of the fence with one hand to prevent it from skewing right as I lock it with the other hand, that pretty much solves the problem. I was just hoping for a better solution. Thanks.

Comment

sounds like the fence is not locking properly. if i recall your owners manual correctly, the very next figure after fig.78 shows how to increase or decrease the locking tension of the fence. it is adjustable. if it isn't tight enough, the rear of the fence would probably push away from the blade as the workpiece moves past the blade. when adjusted properly, the fence is rock solid on the rails. at least mine is.

Comment

Working...
                X