X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless drill clutch/gearing

I have a cordless drill purchased in one of the combo sets a couple of years ago. The clutch gearing failed last night drilling into a 2X4 stud. I have registered all the tools I have purchased for the LSA. I haven't as yet gone into the process of notifying Rigid, checking warranty etc. Just a generic question; would you think this has a chance of being covered for replacement or would I be wasting my time to start with??

Re: Cordless drill clutch/gearing

my guess is it will depend on how it is spun,

if they say it had lived it use full life and you wore it out, or abused it to cause failure,

or if it was premature failure, do to some thing not being correct in the manufacturing process,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

What model? Also, make sure the speed shifter is fully engaged in 1 or 2. I have caught the gear selection switch on adjacent material when drilling only to hear that grinding noise. Thought I blew up the drill, but a glance at the shifter stuck between gears was all it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
        What model? Also, make sure the speed shifter is fully engaged in 1 or 2. I have caught the gear selection switch on adjacent material when drilling only to hear that grinding noise. Thought I blew up the drill, but a glance at the shifter stuck between gears was all it was.
        Alpha Cowboy,

Thank you very much. That was exactly the problem. It seemed to be in gear but obviously it was not.

Thanks again!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by ragermack View Post
          Alpha Cowboy,

Thank you very much. That was exactly the problem. It seemed to be in gear but obviously it was not.

Thanks again!

Ray
          Awesome! I've done it many times, still freaks me out thinking the drill exploded..

Comment

Working...
          X