X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Router Edge Guide

I just purchased the R2200 fixed base router at home depot. The instruction manual cryptically mentions an edge guide as being available, but nowhere can I find one. Is there, in fact, a Ridgid Edge guide for this router, and if not, is there one that works?

Thanks!

Re: Ridgid Router Edge Guide

I would check Lee Valley Tools or similar high end woodworking stores. If you wish, you can easily make your own edge guide from scrap in your shop. Just google it, or look in magazines or books at your local library.

Comment

300869006 is the part number for the edge guide for the R2200.
      Gardner has them in stock for $18.35
      https://www.gardnerinc.com/shop/
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Actually, if your HD is anything like the two available to me, it should just be either hanging above or in the next isle over with the other router accessories.... BUT NOT the Ridgid branded one!!!! The Porter-Cable fits it perfectly (IIRC, it's the PC 690 compatible one... which I think is about $12.)

When the earlier model was first introduced, there were all kinds of complaints posted about the lack of this vital accessory and I never have seen it at Home Depot. But, I took a measurement on the holes and went back to the store and measured the P-C accessory and made that purchase. It fit perfectly and I haven't had any regrets. (If things have changed since then, and you find that is no longer true, you can always return it and continue your search or do the order.)

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X