Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Gift choices need some help pickign the right one

Choice number 1
    2-Piece MAKITA ® 12V Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit with 84-Piece Accessory Kit
    Price: $199
    Product ID: 1000675104
    <LI class=pmoListItem>Includes 1/4" hex shank driver/drill, 1/4" impact driver, 2 Lithium-Ion batteries, charger and aluminum carrying case
    While quantities last.
    <LI class=pmoListItem>Makita 2pc 12V Combo Kit with 84pc Accessory Kit
    • Impact Driver drives up to 3,000 Impacts Per Minute with a Maximum Torque of 800 in. lbs.
    • Driver Drill has 18 Torque Settings and delivers up to 200 in. lbs. of torque
    • Accessory Kit includes assortment of 1/4" Hex Shank bits for drilling & driving
    • Also includes 2 Lithium-ion batteries, a charger and plastic case
    Choice Number 2
    2-Piece MILWAUKEE M12™ 12V Hammerdrill/ Driver and Impact Driver with Free Tool
    Product ID: 1000708863
    <LI class=pmoListItem>Includes 3/8" hammerdrill/driver, 1/4" hex impact driver, (2) M12™ FREE Oscillating tool RED LITHIUM batteries, 30-minute charger and contractor bag
    While quantities last.

Choice Number 3
    2-Piece MILWAUKEE ® M12 ™ Impact Driver/Drill Combo Kit
    Product ID: 1000672700
    Price: $148
    • Drill driver delivers 275 in./lbs. of peak torque
    • 1/4" hex impact driver delivers 850 in./lbs. of torque
    • Includes 2410-20 3/8" drill driver and 2450-20 hex impact driver

While quantities last.

I am looking at one of those sets as they are on sale at HD in Canada. I would like to purchase the Ridgid set but not listed on the HD website any more.
    So which set would you purchase and not really concerned with the free tool offer as I do not see a need or use for that tool offered.
    Thanks
    Stuart

Re: Christmas Gift choices need some help pickign the right one

Originally posted by stuart_canada View Post
    Choice number 1
    2-Piece MAKITA ® 12V Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit with 84-Piece Accessory Kit
    Product ID: 1000675104
    <LI class=pmoListItem>Includes 1/4" hex shank driver/drill, 1/4" impact driver, 2 Lithium-Ion batteries, charger and aluminum carrying case
    While quantities last.
    <LI class=pmoListItem>Makita 2pc 12V Combo Kit with 84pc Accessory Kit
    • Impact Driver drives up to 3,000 Impacts Per Minute with a Maximum Torque of 800 in. lbs.
    • Driver Drill has 18 Torque Settings and delivers up to 200 in. lbs. of torque
    • Accessory Kit includes assortment of 1/4" Hex Shank bits for drilling & driving
    • Also includes 2 Lithium-ion batteries, a charger and plastic case

Choice Number 2
    2-Piece MILWAUKEE M12™ 12V Hammerdrill/ Driver and Impact Driver with Free Tool
    Product ID: 1000708863
    <LI class=pmoListItem>Includes 3/8" hammerdrill/driver, 1/4" hex impact driver, (2) M12™ FREE Oscillating tool RED LITHIUM batteries, 30-minute charger and contractor bag
    While quantities last.

Choice Number 3
    2-Piece MILWAUKEE ® M12 ™ Impact Driver/Drill Combo Kit
    Product ID: 1000672700
    Price: $148
    • Drill driver delivers 275 in./lbs. of peak torque
    • 1/4" hex impact driver delivers 850 in./lbs. of torque
    • Includes 2410-20 3/8" drill driver and 2450-20 hex impact driver

While quantities last.

I am looking at one of those sets as they are on sale at HD in Canada. I would like to purchase the Ridgid set but not listed on the HD website any more.
    So which set would you purchase and not really concerned with the free tool offer as I do not see a need or use for that tool offered.
    Thanks
    Stuart
    I have the ridgid 12 volt stuff, love it but milwaukee has 30 tools for their line

Comment

It's not easy to answer your question..as I don't know you
      I don't know how large your hands are, how strong you are, what your tool usage plan is..
      and even if this is going to be a tool set for you or someone else!

Personally I'm a Ridgid 18V tool fan.
      I do agree Milwaukee does offer a larger selection of battery tools
      Keep in mind both are made in the same factory in china!

Makita is also a very popular brand and may pro tool users sing their praises such as size and weight!

Do not rely upon the Home Depot internet site as Gospel as it really does not represent what the
      stores offer! Also not every Home Depot offers the same product lines and sales!
      Demographics delineate their tools!!

for example only one Home Depot near me has HILTI tools
      Another Home Depot has a larger selection of stand alone Ridgid tools

So sadly it may require you to visit a few Home Depot stores to determine what you'll end up with.

Cactus Man

Comment

I had the makita set when they first came out but they were 10.8 volt originally swithched to milwaukee cause i liked the selection im up to 7 or 8 12- volt milwaukee tools and am very happy with them but if youu just need a drill and impact the makita is a great tool to either way i dont think youll be dissapointed my dad is still using my old makita set "daily" and my milwaukee set works great.. but beware "all" lithium batteries seem to take along tijme to charge and die quicker in cold conditions. Personally id buy the milwaukee cause of the various tools goodluck..seanny

Comment

Re: Christmas Gift choices need some help picking the right one

I was physically in the local Home Depot store. It is over a hours drive to the store.
          I saw both tool sets on the shelf. I was hoping they would have the Ridgid set in stock but only had the 18 volt sets and pieces. I have the following 2 18 volt compact drills, 1 18 volt hammer drill, the 18 volt impact gun, the 14.4 volt drill and impact gun and the circular saw. I wanted the smaller drills and impact gun for tight spaces.
          I just was curious what was better models and brand for tools in this size and voltage and personal feed back. thanks

Comment

I like Milwaukee and Makita, I own corded tools from both of them (I prefer Milwaukee over Makita but that's personal preference). For cordless I have had a DeWalt 12 volt drill and it was fine but the batteries eventually died and it was too expensive to replace them. I had some Craftsman cordless tools too, not a big fan, I gave them away. I love my 18 volt Ridgid hammer drill, circular saw and flashlight and even though the old Ni-Cad batteries are dying the new Ridgid Li-on batteries work in it so I just bought a new 18 volt Ridgid drill with two batteries that all of my old tools can use as well. Bottom line for me is that until another brand comes up with a free lifetime battery replacement agreement like Ridgid has, I can't see buying anything else for cordless tools.

Comment

Purchased choice number 3 .
              They had special offer of a free battery. I missed the 25 dollar extra savings by 1 lousy dollar. Any power tool over 149 got an extra 25 dollars off at HD. I will know Christmas Day how well it works

Comment

Working...
              X