X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X4 Impact Driver Problems

Spoke to soon, did it again today. Brought it in to HD and they exchanged it, actually just returned it and have me store credit so I could re-buy it and get the free battery! Hopefully this replacement fixes it, but I won't hold my breath. Regardless, I got a free battery in case the LED runs them dry quicker... LOL.

Comment

I can run my LED work light for (2) 10 hour workdays on a 3.0ah battery and still have life, I don't see how a dinky light can kill the battery noticeably faster.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I tried to return mine but it is over 90 days and they said I have to go to the service center 30 miles away. Argh! Don't want to do that then get one with the same problem. Ridgid really needs to address this issue.

Comment

Very similar problem with my X4 impact driver. From day 1 this tool's LED light was either blinking or just plain staying on until the battery went dead. There is no way to configure the light's behavior
          according to the manual and unless you physically remove the battery, the light will not turn itself off.
          I am so disappointed with the performance of this tool, I saw the "lifetime guarantee" and got suckered into buying this tool instead of the Makita (same price). Now I really regret it.
          I also have the X4 hammer drill which I purchased separately for $270 (ouch) thinking that I would have the same batteries & charger for both tools.
          I will say that the tool X4 Hammer drill is not very durable. I have dropped it a few times only a couple feet onto carpet and now the shaft is bent just enough where you can't drill a very accurate hole.
          I purchased the Makita kit drill / driver and it makes me wonder why Ridgid is so expensive. I wish I could return all of my Ridgid X4 tools and even get half my money back. I will try to sell them on Craigslist but I don't know who would want them.

Though I will add that I have not tried to take the tool back to HD yet. Since I am way past the 90 days I just assume that they'll laugh in my face. I will try it and post reply.
          Last edited by drharper; 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I finally sent mine to the "local" service center 30 miles away and while it took them over a month to get it back to me (kept saying they were waiting for parts from Ridgid), I can report that it has worked well for several months now. Hopefully the LED problem is fixed for good.

Comment

Working...
            X