X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X4 Impact Driver Problems

Posted earler about my X4 impact driver overheating. Got one reply of someone with the same problem. The kit was less than 90 days old so I took it to HD and thay gladly replaced the impact driver. Unfortunatly after a very short time (less than an hour) the LED light started blinking on and off. It wouldn't shut off. Read through the manual and online thinking it was a code for something and found nothing. I called Ridgid service and they said there was a problem with the driver and I should exchange the whole kit. I went back to HD again, Once more they honored my request and very politely I might add. I took the kit home and unpacked the tools and charged the batteries. Put a fresh battery on the impact driver, pulled the trigger and guess what, the LED light started blinking. I set it on the workbench and the light kept blinking for quite a long time, when I looked back again it was just staying on all the time. I took the battery off and put it back on, pulled the trigger and the whole cycle starts again. Thats three impact drivers, two with the LED issue right out of the box. I can't be the only one with this problem. Anyway, I called Ridgid again and talked with a service tech, said they would look in to it and get back to me. On another note, my first kit was registered promptly under LSA with no problems an it didn't take long at all, unlike what I've read on this forum. I really like Ridgid tools and I have alot of them, this is the first time I have ever had a problem. I'm sure they will resolve this issue but it is quite frustrating.

Re: X4 Impact Driver Problems

Sorry to hear about your troubles. If and when you finally get this mess straightened around, and if you decide to keep yet another kit, make sure that Ridgid Customer Service updates your LLSA with the proper serial numbers, etc from the new kit and deletes the info from the first kit.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

bk... could you do me a big favor and send me your email address and a phone number I could reach you through a private message. To send me a private message click on my screen name "Josh" and select send private message. Or you could email me if you preferred.

Thanks,

Josh

Comment

Hey bk, I have the same problem with my X4 Impact Drill, unfortunately started happening after regular use on the job after the 90 day warranty so I can't bring it back to Home Depot for an exchange.
        My LEDs only work when I insert the battery pack, they blink for a bit then stop and don't ever come back on. Kind of frustrating because I need the LEDs often when working in dark areas.
        I called about it and they said I should bring it to a local Ridged Service Center which is a distance away.
        I still haven't brought it in but it's frustrating to lose my tool while on the job, and also having to drive a distance to drop it off and pick it up again.
        It's been a great impact drill otherwise!

Comment

Now I'm getting nervous! I just purchased a new x4 combo kit and haven't tried the impact driver yet. I hope I don't have the same problem with mine. I will certainly let you know if I do.

Comment

I had the LED on my new 3 hour old x4 impact driver start blinking on e after using it a few times. It stopped after I removed/reinserted the battery. I cant return it as I bought the last hammerdrill/impact combo my local HD had.

Comment

Bought my impactor in July of 2011, sent it to service center september 2011, recieved back from service center December 2011, same problem occuring February 2012

Comment

Let me elaborate, the impactor runs, but only impacting. No load on the tool, yet it is always impacting.

Comment

I too got the hammer drill / impact promo. The impact light never turns off. It stays on until I remove the battery. This is looking to be wide spread. It's a shame, the x4 unit is a sweet setup, by far the best of all the Ridgid drills/impacts I have owned.

Btw, my drill chuck wobbles as well, but only the outer casing, the center of the chuck seems to be true.

Comment

I am curious to know how long it will take for the LED light to drain the battery.
                    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I have the same issue with an X4 impact. The light begins flashing immediately when trigger or grip button is depressed. Sometimes it stops and illuminates normally after a few blinks, but most of the time it just blinks non-stop until the battery is removed, or occasionally turns off, but usually not.

Comment

Any resolution to this problem?

Comment

mine stopped doing it, now it works as it should... no idea why.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                            mine stopped doing it, now it works as it should... no idea why.
                            Maybe it caught a glimpse of some of your other tools that you have performed surgery on and got scared? lol

Comment

Originally posted by MAS View Post
                              Maybe it caught a glimpse of some of your other tools that you have performed surgery on and got scared? lol

---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X