Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid Power Washer (RD80701) What is this Lever for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Power Washer (RD80701) What is this Lever for?

Hi everyone, I will say that the instructions that came with the Ridgid Power Washer (RD80701) are probably the worst I have ever seen written. I am trying to identify the following lever and figure out whether it should be to the left or the right. Thoughts? I circled the lever in the photo in red

I am trying to restart my pressure washer and I can't get it to crank over at all.

Name:  d2f0df0a162cf00dba65a6dc844559bc.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  39.6 KB

Re: Ridgid Power Washer (RD80701) What is this Lever for?

It's hard to see the lever clearly in your photo, but I suspect that it's the choke. If so - the "A" position is closed. Use that position for starting a cold engine. If the engine is warm, use the center position, or the fully opened position. As with many small engines, you can easily flood the engine after 5 or 6 pulls with the choke closed. In that case, the engine won't start. Move the choke to the center position.
    -Dan

Comment

That is the throttle control.
      It is in the correct position in your photo, and it typically stays right where it is (not much need to throttle down a pressure washer).

When you say "I can't get it to crank over at all", do you mean that the starter rope won't pull, or that the starter pulls but the engine won't fire?
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Thanks for the reply fellas. The choke is actually to the left and down a bit. I couldn't figure out what the heck that was for because I couldnt find it in the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by cloves View Post
          ... I couldnt find it in the manual.
          The unit came with two manuals. One for the RD80701 pressure washer, one for the SP170 engine. Sounds like yours may not have had the engine manual in the box. Here's a link to it online:

http://robinamerica.com/media/manual...0927300000.pdf
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Can anyone here point me to a thread on how to get my power washer restarted? I used the unit last summer, winterized and stored. Total usage was 4 hours. Now I can't get it started. Im getting spark at the plug, homedepot support said maybe the carb float is stuck. Called suburu and havent gotten called back. New fuel in tank also. Hd tech also suggested putting a bit of gasoline in spark plug chamber and giving it a try (lady said table spoon) thoughts? Can't believe I am having issues wirh this thung considering its pretty new.

Should I also try carb fluid in chamber?

Comment

If you're having trouble just getting the engine to crank (rope pull has a lot of resistance), make sure to pull the trigger on the wand and relieve any pressure built up in the pump. That can make starting the engine almost impossible

Comment

When I shut my engine down, I always throttle down to idle first. The engine will backfire with a loud POP if you kill it with the throttle wide open.

Comment

Working...
                X