X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 14.4v NiCad Batteries

Got a X2 I think with 14.4 Batteries. They were not charging, zapped them both, got one back and the other no luck (So far, not sure how high I should go with the current, tried 28V and 10A, no luck). Is it worth re-building the pack or just buy a new one? Do they make a Li-ion pack for this drill, or a corded option? I did just get a new Dewalt, but hate to keep throwing stuff away. If NiCad will go bad quicker than Li-ion, a cord pack thing might be better for this drill, and make it a stationary tool.

Re: Ridgid 14.4v NiCad Batteries

Originally posted by jrisebo View Post
    Got a X2 I think with 14.4 Batteries. They were not charging, zapped them both, got one back and the other no luck (So far, not sure how high I should go with the current, tried 28V and 10A, no luck). Is it worth re-building the pack or just buy a new one?

was the tool and its batteries registered with the LSA? if yes, just have a local authorized service center replace them for free. newly puchased individual batteries are not LSA eligible.

Do they make a Li-ion pack for this drill, or a corded option?

i believe the answer is no to both questions.

I did just get a new Dewalt, but hate to keep throwing stuff away. If NiCad will go bad quicker than Li-ion, a cord pack thing might be better for this drill, and make it a stationary tool.

all batteries evenually wear out. one of ridgid's selling pioints is the LSA, which offers free replacement of batteries which no longer hold a charge.
    hope this helps.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks, one of my drills was bought on the lifetime warranty back in 02,03 I think it was, so I guess if this is the one, I got my moneys worth. I did replace a battery once, just took it and the receipt into HD and they gave me a new one.

Think I will just use this till the other battery dies, then retire it. I have too many other drills anyway, plus the new dewalt kit I just bought.

Comment

one other question, when I do charge this, and the charger goes green and says its charged, is it ok to leave there, will the charger not overcharge it or try to keep charging it?

Comment

Working...
        X