X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Warranty

So my mate rings me the other day, tells me his 18v Li-ion battery for his seesnake has **** itself. Not quite 2years old mind you. so his supplier rings Ridgid in melbourne and is told that there is no warranty on batteries becasue they are CONSUMABLES. Now I was spruiking to him about what I have read on this forum and how Ridgid USA are fantastic when it comes to honoring warranties. So the supplier has contacted the Rep. Apparently all warranties are to be assessed by a mob called Die-Set Manning. Now not to cast dispursions but all is not even on our playing field down-under. There has already been suggestions that Chris shrinnis is somewhat close to Die-set Manning so this will be a test case i would suggest. My mate is determined that this will be a warranty or ridgid Australia will be looking at a hefty consumer affairs case I would suggest. Lets just wait and see and I will keep you informed. lets see what the Ridgid Warranty is really like.

Re: Australian Warranty

My mate sent battery to supplier. supplier rings Ridgid Australia. Some little twerp claims there is no warranty on batteries becasue they are a "CONSUMABLE" item. Next talks to Rep, told has to take to Dieset Manning for assessment. Maybe he should bundle it up and send it back to Ridgid USA where you guys will give a true and unbiased assessment. Guaranteed it will be put off until after Christmas too because we dont rank being treated with respect. I wonder if Chris will make time to do his job. I reckon it is going to be a rejection of warranty. I also reckon Consumer Affairs over here are going to hear about this. So the question all of my mates with Ridgid gear are asking is what is the Brand worth becasue over here they are not treating it with the respect it deserves. How can America have warranties different to Australia when it is supposed to be International Warranty and Lifetime Service agreement.???? Oh that is something we have learned from here, not our Reps or other.

Comment

RIDGID Warranty - RIDGID Professional Tools

this is the link to the warranty. can't really find a section for batteries, but it looks to be up to interpretation. i would then question the charger that might be at fault.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Funny you say this Rick becasue I said the same to him. The charger is pretty basic which surprised me for ridgid but then who are we to challenge. Most otehr brands have Intelligent Chargers which this one isnt. Lets see how long he gets stuffed around for.

Comment

Update:- my mate has a new battery. Mind you I think the power of this forum has something to do with it. Now my understanding is that it was given to the agent by Ridgid Australia, not replaced under warranty. So I wonder whether this one will die based on the basic charger that was supplied originally. Watch this space in the future. However, my mate says thanks Ridgid, unofficially of course. Sorry, I wasnt supposed to tell anyone about this.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Infamous Rep had nothing to do with it. Maybe it was his boss.
            All jokes aside we dont need reps down here, Ridgid seels itself and rarely breaks down. Only happens when you do things like use a D-10 Caterpillar with chain wrapped around handle of stillson to undo a pipe. Go figure hey......!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X