X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS 3650 Miter Gauge Adjustments

I own a Ridgid TS 3650, and my miter gauge has some play in the miter slot. How do you adjust the miter gauge to eliminate this play.

Thanks

Scott

Re: Ridgid TS 3650 Miter Gauge Adjustments

this wood magazine article seems to cover everything:

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/pdf...ds-038free.pdf

around the middle of the article, the author addresses dimpling the miter gauge guide bar to ensure a snug fit.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Considering that many OEM miter gauges are slightly just above "junk" on the quality scale, I suggest you consider replacing yours for an after market model. The Incra V120 is a very fine miter gauge and for about $50 you can find them at Rockler.

EDIT: That price at Rockler was so tempting that I just couldn't resist so I went and ordered one for myself to use on my bandsaw. For anyone interested, use the promotion code 2U043 and you'll also get Free Shipping.

EDIT #2: The $50 price for the Incra V120 is gone, back up to the regular $85 price. I'm pretty sure though that the promo code for Free Shipping is still good until 01/04/12 IIRC.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 12-16-2011, 04:28 PM.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have the Ridgid miter gauge and seriously considered getting the Incra because I did not trust the Ridgid for good results. But after I tweaked it I get spot on cross-cuts. There are two things I did to improve performance. First, the dimple techniques does work I and now get very little side to side play. Second, I replaced the miter stop screws with stainless steel screws. They seem to be much better and don't seem to slip. It seems to do a great job now, although I only really use it for 90 degree crosscuts.

Comment

Ditto what the Badger said...........................

GAS

Comment

Working...
          X