X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother in law is the coolest!

Long story short. When I met my wife 13 years ago, I was married to my 1st wife, had a child with the woman I was with before my 1st wife, and in the middle of some "trouble" that was sending me on a tour of the state correctional facilities (no excuses. I was young, crazy, and hung out with the wrong crowd). Despite all of this, my now mother in law never judged me (which she had every reason to do so). After my "tour" of the correctional facility and getting divorced with my first wife, my current wife and I upgraded our best friends status to now being a couple. We married shortly after that, and after 7 years of trying to have a baby were finally blessed with a baby boy (who enjoyed his first Christmas this year). I've been working for a construction company for the last 10 years and my wife has a promising career with a major hospital. All is good.
    My mother in law has had a tradition every Christmas of letting me pick a tool that I've been needing or wanting. Along with this she always gets me many more things as well. So, my wife and I are constantly in the local "home improvement" stores and I happened to point out something I liked. This was several months ago and I since forgot about it. To my surprise I had a gift from my mother in law put on my lap earlier today that was fairly heavy. When I opened it, there it was, a new Ridgid X4 hammer drill! My wife took my mother in law to get it for me a couple months ago. Best part was that it was one of the ones that included the free impact driver as well along with the free 3rd battery. Yes, I consider myself very lucky to have a wife who pays attention and knows more about tools than many people who work in the trade and a mother in law who is such a giving person. However, I feel very blessed to have 2 such wonderful women in my life who were willing to take a chance on me when most people were ready to write me off. Without that, the rest wouldn't matter. Merry Christmas to all of you, and God bless.
    You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Re: My mother in law is the coolest!

Does she have a sister Wow, you sure are blessed! What a great story. Merry Christmas. Frank

Comment

The penalty for bigamy in Arizona are two mother-in laws!

Seriously you are very lucky!! Make sure you keep both your wife
      and mother-in-law happy!

Oh..don't forget to cut the UPC code off the boxes [before tossing them into the trash]and register your your tools

Cactus Man

Comment

Already have the box sitting next to the computer. Gonna register tomorrow. I make sure to make copies of anything I file online or email comfirmations and keep these filed safely with my stack of owner's manuals. Better safe than sorry.
        You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

King,

That was one of the best "Christmas" stories I've heard in a long time. Very much credit goes to your wife and Mother-in-Law for sure, as you've found a couple of terrific "treasures" there. You are a very lucky man!

But also, I think it very important to salute you on your personal "home improvement"... you've crammed a lot of living into your past and have had the wisdom to build above that and now have a family and life that is showing itself as very rewarding to all of you.

May the New Year bring you all great health, happiness, and prosperity,

CWS

Comment

Working...
          X