X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 inch miter saw

Hey guys, bought a new 12 inch sliding compound miter saw and I am having major issue with the dust collection system, meaning that it doesn't collect anything. I repositioned it many times and same result. Anyone else having the same issues, any suggestions?? Thanks

Re: 12 inch miter saw

I think it is somewhat the "Nature of the Beast" as far as a poor dust collection for any MS.

I picked a tip from the member, Howard. As a result, it did a significant improvement as far as directing more sawdust to the chute. Here's his post: https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t14955/ Post #22

Ron

Last edited by lreops; 12-29-2011, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Yes, we are all having the same issue. Miter saws do not have a dust collection system (that works, that is).

Big G

Comment

I'll go along with that... Dust collection on a CMS?.... Forget about it!!!

I have a Ridgid 10-inch CMS (not the slider) and there's no simple way, if any way at all. About the best you can do is to try to contain the dust as much as possible. I first hooked up my Ridgid 12-gallon shop vac, but it clogged at the CMS's dust shoot more often than not. I then cut away the plastic ribs within that dust shoot, and it worked only slightly better in that it didn't clog.

I now use the vac, but also hang a plastic tarp behind and under the CMS... that at least keeps the heavier sawdust from spreading all over the room... but still, way too much escapes off to the sides. It's just the nature of the beast I guess.

Sorry that there is no definitive and positive answer,

CWS

Comment

I recently bought the new Bosch and the dust collection is decent, but far from excellent. Otherwise... broom.

Comment

Working...
          X