Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new 18 volt tools in ridgid future?

I've been using ridgid tools for a long time and have always been very satisfied with the quality and value. I recently purchased the x4 combo and the tools are without a doubt among the best on the market. Does anyone know if ridgid has any plan of introducing a 18v angle grinder and 1/2" drive impact wrench in the future? These are the two tools i would use the most and i'm hoping they are somewhere on the horizon.

Re: Any new 18 volt tools in ridgid future?

I would like to see some other tools added to the 18 volt line up as well, but I'd be surprised to see it happen. I was lucky enough quite a few moons ago to pick up a cordless hand planer kit (planer, battery, charger, extra blades, nice CASE -I personally do not like the bags at all except to load my batteries and chargers in). I got the kit brand new and on clearance for $69! The tool works great and the battery still charges very well. I almost bought the cordless jigsaw when they had that but waited too long. I'd use that a lot in my line of work and would definately add it to my collection if they released it again.
    You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

Originally posted by King Dork View Post
      I would like to see some other tools added to the 18 volt line up as well, but I'd be surprised to see it happen. I was lucky enough quite a few moons ago to pick up a cordless hand planer kit (planer, battery, charger, extra blades, nice CASE -I personally do not like the bags at all except to load my batteries and chargers in). I got the kit brand new and on clearance for $69! The tool works great and the battery still charges very well. I almost bought the cordless jigsaw when they had that but waited too long. I'd use that a lot in my line of work and would definately add it to my collection if they released it again.
      i hear that a new 18 v jigsaw is in fact in the works but not sure when. Would love the grinder and impact wrench too.

Comment

An impact wrench would be great I sold all of my Ryobi tools Except the P260 Impact wrench and 1 battery. I don't want to keep two different brands around

Comment

Yes, I agree. Milwaukee and dewalt both have an 18v angle grinder and 1/2" square drive impact wrench, but it would suck to have different brands of batteries and chargers. This is why I'm hopeful that ridgid will get on board and introduce these tools in the near future.

Comment

BBH 18 | www.aeg-powertools.eu

They also have a Jigsaw. I'd love to know if they're compatible

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTTi View Post
              BBH 18 | www.aeg-powertools.eu

They also have a Jigsaw. I'd love to know if they're compatible
              I have been requesting more tools such as the 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench for years. Many Ridgid cordless tool owners would like such a tool and more rather than having to buy a competeing brand and have yet another battery style and charger. I'd love to know what the down side would be for Ridgid? If I'm correct that TTI owns several other tool brands and there would be some kind of conflict, then why make any cordless tools at all? I mean they all represent competition for other brands? Why not stop playing games and match DeWalt or Milwaukee, tool for tool and see what the consumer does? Frank It's like offering icecream in two flavors and then not understanding that people like your icecream but want more choices.

Comment

Wow are those other sites tools compatable with the rigid batteries? BBH 18 | www.aeg-powertools.eu
                Some of those tools look identical to the ones I have, cordless jigsaw etc.

I just checked for a store location, none listed for Canada or the US.

Comment

That's a great question. Does anyone know for sure whether Ridgid batteries can or cannot be used on a dewalt or milwaukee grinder or impact wrench? That would be great, but I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Batteries are not compatible between brands with very few exceptions. Old black and decker 18v fit 18v dewalt nicd products, the new ryobi 24v line fits Ridgid 24v. In both cases, both instances were made by the same parent company, and both require minor modification to make work. B&d and ryobi batteries both left a lot to be desired in performance compared to the brand you are trying the cheat by saving $ on batteries.

With that said, you can build an adapter to use your batteries on another tool or vice versa, but that adapter can add 3" of length to the battery. I personally would only make an adapter for slide Pack batteries only to keep the height/bulk down.

I fully suspect the AEG stuff is the same as the Ridgid, with some minor difference in how the batteries are, similar to how ryobi/Ridgid 24v batteries are. Good luck getting any sort of warranty service on a grey market tool. Everything aeg mentioned in this thread is available on Craigslist/eBay with the exception of the rotohammer. Shipping will kill any sweetness of a good price once you get the bill.
                    Last edited by masterbeavis; 01-09-2012, 01:06 AM.
                    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

For those of you looking for the AEG rotary hammer, just try Amazon UK. Hopefully that works for you

Comment

Working...
                      X