Ts 2424 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts 2424 1

My tablesaw 2424 browered from brother has had hoppy use over about 10 years. Recently saw elevation knob became difficult to turn so cleaned the saw as per operators manual which had always worked for me. However, this time the elevation system started to work effectively and I was about ready to return the saw to use when the system bound up and refuse to move in any direction. After allowing the metal to relax for a while I was finally able to remove the elevation handle and screw and it may be a bit wore. However the saw spindle portion is very difficult to move. Must be tap with punch and hammer. I need advice on how this portion is supposed to come apart so I can determine if the bearing surface has worn. New to the forum so hopeful I am doing this correctly. thanks

Re: Ts 2424 1

did you turn the cabinet over (rest the CI top on a flat surface) and look into the guts of the saw to see what's happening? or is this just an external observation?
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

TS was turned over on to its top to clean. As I said the elevation screw has been removed. The arbor part is very difficult to move. I used a brass punch and hammer and give it a medium tap and the arbor will move a small amount. The elevation screw bearing portion is slightly scored but i think will polish up and be useable. The saw top is resting on two saw horses. The leg portion was removed so I could clean

Comment

Issue has been resolved with the help of Ridgid. TS now operational. Does have some damage to the elevation screw caused by poor maintenace probably

Comment

Working...
        X