X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid ShopVac Motor Problems

Hello. The motor on my Rigid ShopVac Serial 02232C0258 Model WD16650 is no longer working. I've attempted to call the support number and leave a voicemail w/ no satisfaction. I'm still on hold waiting for an agent to help me. If there's a lifetime warranty, I'd like to know what I need to do to act on that warranty. Thank you.

Re: Rigid ShopVac Motor Problems

The Lifetime Warranty on shop vacs covers manufacturer defects in material or workmanship. If your motor died a natural death then that was its lifetime and the warranty won't cover that.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

With today being a Federal Holiday chances are you will not get anyone to answer. I had to warrenty my shop vac earlier this year. This is how the process went for me. Customer service had me to return just the part of the vac with the motor. They told me it would be disassembled to find the defect and measure brush length to determine the usage on it. If it is found to be a defect a complete new vac will be sent to you with an extra filter to cover your cost of returning the motor. If the vac is found to be worn out you will be notified of your options on return of the motor. It was 10 days from the day I sent in my motor until my new shop vac was delivered. Also your vac is the same model as the one I returned. Good luck.
      Last edited by TOD; 01-02-2012, 12:43 PM.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Exact same deal as TOD. I was impressed!

Big G

Comment

Good luck with your shop vac warranty claim and I hope it works out for you.

One of the unfortunate things about the vac's "Lifetime" warranty is that it is almost totally dependant on the motor brushes, as the determining factor. If the brushes are worn out, then the determination it that the motor's life is over.... Ridgid does not sell or replace motor brushes for thier shop vacs!!!

It might just be me, but universal motors do wear out their brushes and on many other tools, including a few from Ridgid, the motor brushes can be replaced. It seems to me, that it is rather a shame to have to throw away everything else on a Ridgid shop vac (container, wheels, motor, housing, etc) just because of a minor expense item like motor brushes are worn.

To me, this is no where near a "lifetime" and I would much have preferred Ridgid to simply figure out what the average running time would have been on a typical shop vac and then declare the warranty to be "that" in years or months.... and then to sell replacement brushes afterwards.

I suppose that I am of a generation that learned to use it up, repair it, and use it until if falls apart completely.... rather than just throw everything away as if there was absolutely no value whatsoever to things. One would hope that Ridgid and Emerson would attempt to keep their products out of the landfills as much as possible.

CWS
          Last edited by CWSmith; 01-03-2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Did you ever send it in?
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
            X