X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12V Hyper Battery Faulty

I purchased the R92009 12V drill / flashlight combo kit from HD - demo clearance, 35% off about a week ago. When I bought the kit I was told that the full warranty would apply. It seems that one of the two Hyper batteries is faulty. As the kit was a demo I can't take it back and exchange it for another kit but I would certainly like the faulty battery replaced. I do have two additional 12V batteries that I got with another RIDGID tool so I'm not in a panic for a battery and I'm willing to wait through a lengthy claim process if need be.

Anyone ever claimed warranty on a single battery out of a kit like this before? How did you go about it? How long did the process take? I haven't registered for the LSA yet. Should I do this and claim the battery through it once the registration goes through?

Your feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
    "Good enough" isn't really "good"...

Re: 12V Hyper Battery Faulty

Check Service Centers - RIDGID Professional Tools to see if a service center is near by.

If it IS, take the battery there and get it replaced. It may take a while if they don't have it in stock (mine took almost 2 months).

Jot down the serial number before you take it in. If they give you one over the counter wait to register with the new one. If they have to order it, register your warranty right away. When the new battery comes in call Ridgid to register it and let them know it had to be replaced.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTTi View Post
      Check Service Centers - RIDGID Professional Tools to see if a service center is near by.

If it IS, take the battery there and get it replaced. It may take a while if they don't have it in stock (mine took almost 2 months).

Jot down the serial number before you take it in. If they give you one over the counter wait to register with the new one. If they have to order it, register your warranty right away. When the new battery comes in call Ridgid to register it and let them know it had to be replaced.

Let me know if you have any questions.
      Thanks for taking the time to reply Dave. I tried the search in the hyperlink you so kindly attached and it looks like there are a few service centres to choose from in my neck of the woods. I'll call around tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Thanks again,
      Rob

Comment

gadgetarian- Can you send me a private message with your contact information and someone will contact you about your battery issue? Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your offer to help CMSRIDGID - much appreciated!

Update: I was at HD a couple days ago and spoke with one of the fellows in the tool department about my situation. He told me to just bring everything back and they'd do a straight exchange for a brand new kit. I completed the exchange yesterday and all is good!

Thanks again to all who replied.

Rob
          Last edited by gadgetarian; 01-10-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

gadgetarian- Thanks for your response. Our product team would like to get some more details about the battery issue you had so that we can make improvements in future products. If you would be willing to speak with them for a few minutes, please send me your contact information.

I am glad that HD was able to help you out and get you a new kit. Thanks for your business.

Comment

It has always been my experience that if you buy ANYTHING at Home Depot, the 90 day exchange policy still applies. I have bought returns and clearance items in the past, some were broken right out of the box.. Take the tool back in with my receipt, they confirm my complaint, walk out with a new tool of equivalent value, or its value towards a more expensive tool.
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
              X