Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra Battery with R9651 X4 Combo Kit not eligible for LSA? What Gives?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Battery with R9651 X4 Combo Kit not eligible for LSA? What Gives?

I just registered my X4 combo kit with the included third battery (Current Home Depot Promo).
    The extra battery shows up as "Not eligible for LSA"

What am I missing here? Someone told me "Hey the battery was free, What do you expect"

Ah no, the battery was not free, I paid $499.00

I want to like this kit a lot. The features and LSA look great on paper but the continual confusion over the LSA issues makes me wonder if I bought myself a tool set or future headache.

Re: Extra Battery with R9651 X4 Combo Kit not eligible for LSA? What Gives?

good point. i'll bet if you contact ridgid CS and make your case, that battery could bget covered. if the rep you get declines coverage, just start marching up the chain of command. someone in a large company always has the authority to authorize most reasonalbe requests that may not meet the letter of the official policy.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Where's the confusion? Batteries that come as standard equpment with your kit are covered by the LLSA. That extra battery is not a standard part of that kit but is a promotional item so it doesn't qualify. If you were to actually purchase that battery by itself it wouldn't be covered by the LLSA either.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Spylake,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum

I must agree with BadgerDave, in that the batteries and other component of a factory packaged kit or combo are all eligible for registration into the LLSA program (the LLSA is NOT automatic). But batteries that are purchased "separately" (or "included" separately for whatever promotion, gift, hand-out, etc.) are NOT included in the LLSA offer and therefore are NOT registerable. I don't know the reasoning behind this, other than to say that the LLSA is a "promotion" in itself, being designed as an encentive to buy and to "register" the product with TTI.

There are a number of people who don't agree with the whole "registration" requirement and I'm sure they have their reasons. Personally, I don't understand it, but that is the way it is. But regardless, batteries that are NOT included within the packaged kit or combo are not eligible for the LLSA... and there should be no confusion about that, as it's been a long-standing policy.

I hope this helps, and again, welcome to the forum,

CWS

Comment

This is interesting.

I purchased the corded JobMax Starter kit that comes standard with the Multi tool head. The Home Depot promotion included a FREE additional JobMax head of my choice. I chose the Jigsaw head. I registered and it says the jigsaw head IS eligible for the LSA.

Why would my accessory head be eligible for the LSA but the OP battery not be?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            This is interesting.

I purchased the corded JobMax Starter kit that comes standard with the Multi tool head. The Home Depot promotion included a FREE additional JobMax head of my choice. I chose the Jigsaw head. I registered and it says the jigsaw head IS eligible for the LSA.

Why would my accessory head be eligible for the LSA but the OP battery not be?
            Batteries are a whole different ball of wax. If they offered LSA on batteries only, they would be broke in no time.

Comment

I bet they did it like this in order to save money on batteries they ship out. In the past a set number of kits would have extra batteries, I bet they are banking on giving away less free batteries.
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
              X