X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" sliding mitre saw

hey everyone... just wondering if anyone had any idea of why when i pull down on my mitre saw handle the saftey guard doesnt come up so that the blade will nicely slide into its slot to cut the piece of wood. i changed the spacer that was broke on the arm that is suppose to swivel it up but still doesnt work. it just jams up and u have to literly hold the guard up when u go to cut a piece of wood? any ideas?

Re: 12" sliding mitre saw

A bit more info would be helpful. Is it a ridgid saw? If you post a photo, I'm sure someone in the community will be able to tell you the issue (or at least set you in the right direction).

I have a bosch CSMS, and a bearing broke. Now the plastic guard doesn't rise as it should. I am awaiting a replacement part from Bosch (but I have to pay for it!).

Comment

I had that problem once with my miter saw after I reinstalled the blade after a cleaning. Upon very careful review of the Owners Manual DOH....... operator error in the reassembly process. I'm not saying that for sure that is your problem but that would be the first place I'd check.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

it a ridgid 12" mitre saw slider.. i have tried everything with it.. could there be something wrong with the spring in it cause i can move it by hand up and down freely but the bar thats suppose to move it just jams up and it wont go up when u bring the blade down

Comment

Working...
        X