X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PALS for a 4512

I have just ordered my 4512 contractor saw and when I am setting it up would like to put a PALS system on it for adjusting the trunnion. Since I don't have the saw yet could someone tell me what size are the trunion bolts>
    Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
    Paarker

Re: PALS for a 4512

Contractor Saw PALS - In-Line Industries

note the message about bolt size.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paarker View Post
      I have just ordered my 4512 contractor saw and when I am setting it up would like to put a PALS system on it for adjusting the trunnion. Since I don't have the saw yet could someone tell me what size are the trunion bolts>
      Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
      Paarker
      Wondering if you got the PALS system to work with your 4512? I purchased the 3/8" PALS and am having issues getting installed correctly. Seems as.if bolts aren't quite.the right size (little small) and the PALS "wings" Robt fit over trunnion ends without grinding the ends down a bit.

Comment

I didn't get the pals to work on this saw. They don't make a set for it so I had one made myself. The bracket isn't long enough to work and you'll need 10mm holes to work right. Once done it works good. I emailed the manufacturer and they have no plans right now to make a set.

Comment

I didn't get the pals to work on this saw. They don't make a set for it so I had one made myself. The bracket isn't long enough to work and you'll need 10mm holes to work right. Once done it works good. I emailed the manufacturer and they have no plans right now to make a set.
          Paarker,

Thanks for the update. This makes me feel better and not like I'm going crazy. Any advice on making your own pals and/or how difficult it was?

Comment

I took a piece of angle iron and shape it the same way as the pals but I made the trunnion bolt hole 3/8 of an inch farther away then the original. I hope this help you out.

Comment

Wondering too, how hard it was to make your own. Did you draw up some plans and take to a machine shope or do it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by JChipman View Post
                Wondering too, how hard it was to make your own. Did you draw up some plans and take to a machine shope or do it yourself?

Since I had a set already all that had to be made was a new bracket. If I remember right I just had to move the mounting hole 3/8 of an inch. It wasn't hard to do but I had acres to the tools to do it. If you buy a set a machine shop should be able to help.

Comment

Since I had a set already all that had to be made was a new bracket. If I remember right I just had to move the mounting hole 3/8 of an inch. It wasn't hard to do but I had acres to the tools to do it. If you buy a set a machine shop should be able to help.
                  Thanks for your reply, just to be clear you bought the 3/8” PALS kit and then had the brackets redone. You do not modify the trunnion in anyway.

Comment

No work to the trunnions at all.

Comment

I'm new to the thread. I just bought the R4512 and wanted to install PALs to simplify my alignment. If the 3/8 bracket can't be used, you had another bracket made from stainless at a machine shop? Do you have the dimensions of the new bracket you created? I was looking at some aluminum angle pieces at HomeDepot as an option but I'm not sure that is thick enough.

Thanks,

Malcolm

Comment

After starting to make my Cross-cut sled, I noticed that the 1/32" that my blade is out of alignment is actually a wee bit of an issue as the wood is complete cut through and I push it through, there is a decent amount of resistance due to the back of the blade being out of alignment. With these PALS do they remain permanent onto the trunion, or do you make the adjustments, tighten down 3 of the 4 bolts to baby-hulk strength and then remove the PALS and replace with the correct bolt?

Thanks!

Comment

The mounting hole is 3/8 of an inch farther away then the original. I also had it drilled to a 10mm hole. The rest of the bracket is the same ss the original.

Comment

I just readjusted my table saw and aligned it to the miter slots by using the clamp system and OOOOWEEEE!!!! From eyeballing, I would say my blade is off by 1/128".

Comment

Working...
                            X