X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reconsidering my x4 combo purchase

I have to agree with you John. I thought Ridgid did a good job of getting into the market, but now they are losing that customer base.

I'm sure you will be happy with those red tools though. That's probably the direction I will go when my tools need replacing.

Comment

I'm sitting here just shaking my head. Do other competitive companies behave like Ridgid in this instance? We agree that new buyers are looking for a more thorough cordless line such as Milwaukee. Many of us suggest that folks who own Ridgid cordless tools including a charger and batteries would gladly buy more Ridgid cordless tools than switch brands. I can't believe expanding the line would have a down side if it resulted in more customers, more sales and more future sales?

Comment

One article I read during my research suggested that Ridgid's engineering department was of the opinion that 18 volts was not enough power to produce the torque necessary for the operation of a true "impact wrench". Well, if I could afford it I would gladly send them my new red M18 impact wrench for them to test drive. I used it today for its first real test. I recently picked up a junk F250 that had really nice tires on it, so before it went to the junk yard I wanted to remove the wheels. A 3 foot craftsman breaker bar wouldn't budge the rusted lug nuts so I broke out the M18 impact wrench. It spun the lugs off as if they were only hand tight, without any strugle at all. And after 24 lugs, the battery still had a full tank of fuel. That shot down that Ridgid excuse! Anyway, don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging on Milwaukee, I'm just trying to make a point. Maybe more of these stories will be a wake up call for Ridgid. I still wish my red tools were orange, but even if Ridgid decided tomorrow to get their act together, I probably wouldn't switch back because I'm too invested in the Red. But, perhaps it would stop the next guy who is "considering" making the switch. Thank you all for the overwhelming response to this thread. Hopefully the Ridgid big wigs will find the time to read the comments, it certainly would be a learning experience for them. I'll keep checking in and hoping that someday our efforts will make a difference. Thanks again, John
        Last edited by johnw48; 02-25-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing a link to that article.

FYI Milwaukee, Ridgid, Ryobi, all made under the same roof, just alleged better quality in the order listed.
          Last edited by masterbeavis; 02-25-2012, 02:57 AM.
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

If this is true that the red and orange are made under the same roof, wouldn't that explain why orange is in no hurry to introduce any new tools to the line up? After all, when I traded my orange in for the red, my money went back into the same basket. This could be why they don't care???? BTW, I wouldn't know where to begin to find that article. I read so many articles, i don't remember specifically where that one was.

Comment

Originally posted by johnw48 View Post
              If this is true that the red and orange are made under the same roof, wouldn't that explain why orange is in no hurry to introduce any new tools to the line up? After all, when I traded my orange in for the red, my money went back into the same basket. This could be why they don't care???? BTW, I wouldn't know where to begin to find that article. I read so many articles, i don't remember specifically where that one was.
              TTI is the company that owns Milwaukee, Ryobi, homelite, and a few other brands. Ridgid is owned by Emerson Electric, but they contract out the making of Ridgid cordless tools from TTI.

Comment

Working...
              X