X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 gal 5hp wet/dry switch?

I have the 12 gallon 5hp wet/dry vac and its been working great for the last year. today I needed to clean up some sheetrock dust and the switch didnt flip on/off correctly. I dont remember it being this weird the last time I used it. I took it apart and reconnected everything. it goes on kinda, then off, then on kinda, then off. anybody have this problem? I keep my tools in good shape, clean it after use, etc. customer service was closed so now I have a mess in my house and no vac to clean it up. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks.

Re: 12 gal 5hp wet/dry switch?

If you really need the use of the machine I would suggest going to a hardware store such as TruValue and trying to get a heavy duty toggle switch to put in place of the defective switch. I have noticed that manufactures are making power cords, switches and other parts as cheaply as possible and they just don't hold up! One word of caution, if the current switch is waterproof be careful swapping for a nonwaterproof switch. You don't want to make the machine unsafe or void a warrantee. Frank

Comment

Re: 12 gal 5hp wet/dry switch?

good call. thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X