Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
LSA warranty - new batteries and charger - do I need to re-register? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA warranty - new batteries and charger - do I need to re-register?

I have a Ridgid 12 volt mini drill that is about 3 years old. Last summer one of the batteries went bad then last month the 2nd one went bad. I had a new charger for the 12 volt battery that came with my new Job Max tool - checked the old batteries with it and they charged OK without the defective code flashing, but the charge would only last about 4 or 5 minutes. So I shipped the old batteries and charger back to a local repair center and they replaced all 3 items (about 1 week turnaround time).

I am pleased - but here is my question. How do I go about getting the new charger and batteries registered with their new model numbers and serial numbers so that I will be covered with the LSA for them? Anyone done this?

Re: LSA warranty - new batteries and charger - do I need to re-register?

fx4,

This subject has come up before and I believe the answer was that you simply call Ridgid Customer Service, explain the replacement under the LLSA and that you now have "new serial numbers"... and the Customer Support person will then update your computer records.

As I recall, this was pretty simple and the change was almost immediate. Somewhere in the past postings the process was explained, but I am pretty sure that I am remembering it correctly.

It is good that you posted this question though, as I think it is important to get updated every now and then, as I'm sure many customers may just except the new items and then find out at some later point that the replacement never got entered into the system... thus resulting in "OOPS".

Thanks, and good luck,

CWS

Comment

Re: LSA warranty - new batteries and charger - do I need to re-register?

CW Smith's memory is right on the money. I dealt with your situation just last month. Your new replacement products will go into the system and your old products will be deleted.
      -Dan

Comment

Working...
      X