X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more plunge routers

I have the R2930 and noticed that Ridgid does not show it or any other plunge router on the web site. I guess they have been discontinued. Bummer, I was looking for another one. Anyone have any different news?

Re: No more plunge routers

You can buy a NIB one here.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

dwcurry,

Funny you should ask... I was just lamenting to a friend of mine that the new TTI Ridgid-branded router had dropped it's "plunge base" from the previous model and now was only a fixed-base unit. But a couple of days ago I was in the local HD and low and behold there it was with a big addition printed on the box that the plunge base was now included! Question of course (in my little brain) was whether this was just a temporary thing or what... like please TTI, make up your mind, is it or isn't it a 2-base combo? I'm really hoping that the "single fixed base" was just a temporary glitch on thier part. (And NO, this was a new model box, not the older "combo"... the box was actually marked showing that the "plunge-base" was now included.)

CWS
      Last edited by CWSmith; 01-18-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Freud did a similar thing a few years ago with one of their router models (FT1700VCE). I bought one with a fixed base for the router table, and they sent the plunge base via snail mail. Now the plunge base is an optional buy. I don't have that particular router anymore, but it was a nice unit.

Comment

Working...
        X