X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 Belt Tightening?????? HELP!

I just purchased a used R4512 table saw, the thing is like brand new, and the belt is slipping... At leat I think that's what it is... When I'm cutting the blade will stop/bind and you can hear the belt squeal... How do I tighten the belt?? The thing looks like an armoured tank around the belt and I can't figure out how to access it! Can anyone show pics or walk me though how to do it? I'm sure there's some simple way of doing it but I can't figure it out!

Thanks in advance!!

Re: R4512 Belt Tightening?????? HELP!

I would try a new blade first and second make sure the blade, fence and mitre slots are all aligned.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Brand new blade, and checked the fence several times...

Comment

Back panel comes off.... four Allen head screws..

Comment

I purchased my R4512 in December and had the same problem. The manual describes how to change the belt but not tighten it. To tight the belt, you will need a long screwdriver and a 13mm wrench. Unplug your saw, drop the blade to the lowest level and open the back of your saw. Locate the belt. Facing you, you should see the belt setting on a pulley with a nut holding it. Slightly above that nut you will see another nut with a couple of washers on it. Loosen that nut. Take your screw driver and wedge it under the pull and against the engine and pull the belt tight. Tight the nut and you should be good.

Comment

I had the same problem and tightened the belt. It seems ok now. But wanted to know how tight the belt should be.

Comment

First thing would be to go to the RIDGID website and download the manual if you didn't get a hardcopy when you bought your saw.

It will show you how to adjust the belt tension and many other important maintenance and adjustments that can be made to keep it the saw running at peak efficiency.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Here is what you need to know https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t37714/ now I can't speak for all the manuals for this saw but mine was useless for tensioning the belt. The link that I provided gave all the information needed. You'll need to scroll down a little to find the pictures that is needed.

Comment

Working...
                X