Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid will not allow LSA reg. after 90 Days, even for Christmas Present bought early

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid will not allow LSA reg. after 90 Days, even for Christmas Present bought early

Sadly, Ridgid has refused to allow me to Register my LSA for a 5 piece X4 kit ($499) even a couple of days late that I got for a Christmas Present that was bought on Oct. 18th.

Yes, I know the 90 day rule, but I have only had possession of the item since Dec. 25th. I am going to have to return the item to HD and buy a different one to get a new receipt (after my experience below, given the are so eager to avoid the LSA I may end up just going back to Dewalt and upgrading my current tools to LION). Just wanted to let everyone see Ridgid's attitude in the customer service exchange below:

01/23/12 19:08: Sadly, but clearly, Ridgid has gotten its policies confused with its purpose; its processes confused with its performance.

This is a function of idiotic people and/or idiotic policies. Of course idiotic policies don't just devlop and enforce themselves, in the end, it all comes back to idiotic people somewhere in the chain making or enforcing idiotic policies.

It is a competitive world and when this happens, it is only a matter of time...
    It is only a matter of time...

01/23/12 15:49: You are welcome.

Tim Beasley

01/23/12 15:44: Again, I have no problem returning the item to HD and buying it again. Because of Christmas HD will extnd their deadline and take it back.

I am just trying to help YOU, YOU are the one that is going to eat the return and I am not sure how happy HD will be with you when I tell them the reason.

However, if you want to be silly and be a stickler on the dates down to the day as a technicality to avoid the LSA, that is your prerogative, just as it is mine to return the item.

Good luck with the customer who buys the items I return with the serial numbers I have already registered.

Unless I hear otherwise I will return the item tonight and buy another one with a new dated receipt.

01/23/12 15:23: It is the responsibility of each customer to read the card included in the tools. The registration information is printed on the box and on the warranty form included in the box. The last page of the online registration process also states to mail a copy of the receipt for warranty.

01/23/12 12:35: That is fine, you all are going about this the hard way, but if that is what you want... I will return the product to HD, get a refund and buy the product again. They can return the opened one to you and you can deal with it...

01/23/12 08:31: If the items were not registered with a copy of the receipt mailed to Ridgid within the 90 day registration period, they would not be eligible for the lifetime warranty. They would have only a 3 yr warranty with the receipt or by the serial number.

01/21/12 22:32: I got a 4 piece X4 kit for Christmas. It was purchased on
    10-18-2012, but I did not get it until Christmas Day.

However, I am just not getting around to sending in the paperwork for the LSA and I realized I am a couple of days over the 90 day limit.

Please send me an email and let me know if you will still honor the LSA if I send the registration on Monday. If not, I will return the product to Home Depot and purchase again so I can get a receipt within the 90 day limit.

Re: Ridgid will not allow LSA reg. after 90 Days, even for Christmas Present bought e

you can return it and re-buy it on the spot, thus giving you a new date on the receipt. If you are nice, they will take 10% off to keep you happy.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Re: Ridgid will not allow LSA reg. after 90 Days, even for Christmas Present bought e

I understand your frustration, but your attitude in your emails gets snarky toward the end. Please tell me you called and talked to someone? Also, threatening to return it and buy a different kit and sticking them with the opened item is childish and frankly rude. If home depot will return it, and sell it back to you with a new receipt, just do that, hell they might give you a gift card for your troubles if your really nice about it. It's all about attitude my friend, I am getting sick of having to repeat this to people (not just here, everywhere) that you will get further with sugar than vinegar every time.

Comment

You dropped the ball and let the registration period run out and now it's Ridgid's fault? You cop an attitude in you correspondences and it's Ridgid's fault for not giving you your way? I must be missing something here but then again, I prefer to use the front door instead of sneaking in the back one.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Pretty much enough has been said... you got your present and apparently the receipt (nice present, BTW) and you obviously knew the challenge of getting things registered, given the early purchase. (It's nice to have family and/or friends who think so much of you that they got you that so early...)

But, none of that is can be faulted to Ridgid or Home Depot! Do what you must, but I'd simply explain it (nicely) to Home Depot and let them provide you with an updated receipt. That should then be the end of the story and you should be grateful that the issue of your tardiness could be so easily resolved.

Good luck,

CWS

Comment

To disqualify a purchase from the LSA because the customer was late to register the purchase by a couple of days, doesn't sound (on the face of it) like good customer service. And yes, a contentious customer attitude is seldom helpfull, but at the end of the day is it worth it for Ridgid to alienate a customer this way especially when there's a reasonable explanation?
            Last edited by Hawk; 01-25-2012, 09:47 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Speaking solely for myself, a customer who's an asshat with an entitlement problem will be shown the door, and will not be missed. If few of us here would be willing to pander to such a customer, why should we expect Ridgid/TTI to put up with it?
              "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
              X